About Chefman & CHEF iQ
Chefman is one of North America’s leading brands of small kitchen appliances. We are on a mission to exceed expectations with our commitment to building best-in-class products to cook the food we all love. We are hard at work to realize our vision of crafting the world’s most desired kitchen appliances.
In 2020, we launched the CHEF iQ brand, an ecosystem of connected kitchen appliances. Our mission for CHEF iQ is to enable the world to express their inner chef by making the kitchen experience seamless and transforming how the world connects through food. With our connected appliances and guided cooking intuitive experience, we are seeking to redefine cooking as we know it, making great food effortless in an immersive digital experience.
We are seeking a Purchasing Associate who will bring a strong work ethic, good judgement, and passion to coordinate all operations required to support re-orders, after products have completed the development cycle.
This role will be based out of the office located in Mahwah, NJ, and would report to the Director of Purchasing Operations. Salary is commensurate with candidate’s experience and successes.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Purchasing Associate will be responsible for the following efforts:
- Manage all activities related to products on re-order (completed development) as well as customer direct- import (DI) programs
- Schedule and arrange Purchase Orders with suppliers based on forecast provided by Sales.
- Manage changes in packaging artwork design, carton markings, and other changes needed.
- Coordinate with our China team all customer required agency audits and product testing for customer direct import (DI) orders.
- Coordinate with our Design team to design and execute the appropriate carton markings / labels for all DI orders
- Approve renderings of packaging design, carton markings, labels, etc. for recurring orders
- Coordinate with Design team all artwork updates and modifications required for new orders of items on re-order
- Work with the suppliers and the in house product development team to determine the requirements for selling existing products in new markets around the world
- Coordinate with the Marketing team the translation for new items sold to various markets, including but not limited to Canada, Mexico, Israel and the UK
- Manage POP display “projects” with factories
- Coordinate spare parts with customer service and order more as needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to participate and contribute positively in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to complete projects, document work and communicate clearly both in writing and verbally
- Demonstrates strong sense of urgency in approach to all work
- Ability to multitask and to manage multiple goals and objectives to their successful conclusion
- Works well under pressure and tight timelines
- Well-developed emotional intelligence
- Upbeat and positive attitude
- Professional conduct and demeanor
Education & Experience
- Purchasing experience in retail or import / export business
- Experience interfacing with factories in China
Desired Skills & Experience
- Previous experience specifically working with small kitchen appliances
- Amateur foodie or passionate about cooking or eating
- Experience or enthusiasm working in an energetic and driven startup environment