Chefman is one of North America’s leading brands of small kitchen appliances. We are in love with great food and we are inspired to empower ordinary people all over the world to create restaurant quality dishes while enjoying an easy-to-follow and user-friendly experience. To accomplish this, we have assembled a team of passionate and committed people on a mission to impact the world one kitchen at a time. We put our hearts and souls into producing an innovative and helpful kitchen product assortment that takes the pain out of meal preparation and adds joy to people’s lives and social experiences. These hardware products coupled with intuitive and convenient software and loaded with authentic and engaging culinary video content provides home chefs with the tools they need to achieve picture perfect results with maximum efficiency.
About the Role
We are seeking a Purchasing Associate who will bring a strong work ethic, good judgement and passion to coordinate all operations required to support re-orders, after products have completed the development cycle.
This role will be based out of the office located in Mahwah, NJ, and would report to the Director of Purchasing. Salary is commensurate with candidate’s experience and successes.
This role is a Full Time role based out of Chefman's HQ in Mahwah, NJ. Salary is $40,000 - $55,0000 range annually.
- Manage all activities related to products on re-order (completed development) as well as customer direct- import (DI) programs
- Manage changes in packaging artwork design, carton markings, and other changes needed.
- Coordinate all customer required agency audits and product testing for customer direct import (DI) orders.
- Create and execute the appropriate carton markings / labels for all DI orders
- Approve renderings of packaging design, carton markings, labels, etc. for recurring orders
- Coordinate with Design team all artwork updates and modifications required for new orders of items on re-order
- Work with the suppliers to approve the artwork for each re-order (help manage the workload)
- Work with the suppliers and the in house product development team to determine the requirements for selling existing products in new markets around the world
- Arrange translation for new items sold to various markets, including but not limited to Canada, Mexico, Israel and the UK
- Manage POP display “projects” with factories
- Coordinate spare parts with customer service and order more as needed
- Will be working with Graphics to update artwork as well as interfacing with the factories and the China team.
Skills & Requirements
- Business background/Experience
- Technologically and design savvy
- Experience working with small kitchen appliances
- Amateur foodie or passionate about cooking or eating
- Experience working in an energetic and driven startup environment
- Purchasing experience in retail or import / export business is a plus
- Experience interfacing with factories in China and Taiwan is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to participate and contribute positively and thoroughly in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to complete projects, document work and communicate clearly both in writing and verbally