Chefman is one of North America’s leading brands of small kitchen appliances. We are in love with great food and we are inspired to empower ordinary people all over the world to create restaurant quality dishes while enjoying an easy-to-follow and user-friendly experience. To accomplish this, we have assembled a team of passionate and committed people on a mission to impact the world one kitchen at a time. We put our hearts and souls into producing an innovative and helpful kitchen product assortment that takes the pain out of meal preparation and adds joy to people’s lives and social experiences. These hardware products coupled with intuitive and convenient software and loaded with authentic and engaging culinary video content provides home chefs with the tools they need to achieve picture perfect results with maximum efficiency.
About the Role
- PC Design and Schematic
- Product Firmware design and development
- PC artwork
- PC fabrication, assembly and testing
- Interface to UI/UX Team
- Interface to Vendors and factory
- Interface to Mechanical Engineering and Industrial design teams
- User Manuals (along with a technical writer)
- Test Procedures
- Project documentation
- Unit Testing
- App testing
Responsible for the technical portion of the MRD (Marketing Requirements Document) including:
- Product specification
- Product ATP
- User Interface definition along with Marketing and product development team
- Assisting the Project manager in maintaining and updating the Project Timeline
- Maintaining and updating the technical portion of the project folder information
- Vendor and factory interface
- Detailed reports of test results
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in electronic product development (PC Board Design, schematics, and microprocessors programming)
- High level knowledge of Software engineering and cloud environments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to participate and contribute positively in work teams.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to complete projects, document work and communicate clearly both in writing and verbally.
- Team Work - Highly Skilled - Ability to lead and work in Teams
- Motivation - High energy - Demonstrates high urgency when working.
- Project Management - Highly Skilled - Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Experience managing factories in China (preferred)