Quality Control/Quality Assurance Manager Job Description
About Chefman & CHEF iQ
Chefman is one of North America’s leading brands of small kitchen appliances. Our mission is to provide the world with innovative products that make everyday cooking a better experience. Our vision is to have every kitchen cooking with Chefman products.
In 2020, we launched the CHEF iQ brand, an ecosystem of digitally connected kitchen appliances designed to streamline food preparation through guided cooking experiences. With this brand, we are seeking to redefine cooking as we know it, making great food effortless in an immersive digital experience.
Chefman is seeking a highly skilled Quality Control/Quality Assurance Manager to own and lead all activities related to our Quality Control team both in the US and China.
The QC/QA manager is expected to develop and implement all QMS activities including but not limited to planning, scheduling, inspection, and testing.
Oversee the integration between quality control and customer service. In addition, the QC/QA Manager will provide leadership, mentorship and direction to our domestic and global QC team.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Establish and manage QC/QA procedures to diagnose and inspect all returned products.
- Devise and manage effective corrective action plans and root cause analysis procedures with the goal of ensuring customer satisfaction and reducing costs associated with defective products.
- Integrate QC analysis and corrective action plans into Salesforce.
- Lead and support global operations teams in creating test planning and inspection procedures during assembly and manufacturing.
- Support and collaborate closely with Product Development and Engineering teams during testing and validation of new and existing products.
- Support Manufacturing partners throughout all stages of the Product Development lifecycle to ensure products are manufactured with the highest level of quality.
- Monitor and ensure manufacturing partners comply with Chefman’s marketing requirement documents (MRD)
- Collaborate with Customer Service Team to create an effective system/process to collect, monitor and analyze Customer Product Reviews posted online and on social media platforms and report findings and recommendations to management team.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Quality Control/Quality Assurance roles. Management experience is a plus.
- Subject matter expertise in quality systems, problem solving and continuous improvement practices.
- Experience integrating QC analysis and corrective action plans into databases like Salesforce or similar databases.
- Demonstrated proficiency in root cause analysis.
- Extensive knowledge of various materials, such as metal, plastic, and various electronic components
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well within a collaborative team environment.
- Six Sigma Certification preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field
Chefman offers market competitive salaries and benefits, including PTO and 401(k) matching. We provide meaningful growth and development opportunities in a rewarding work environment. Join our dynamic team!