Chefman is one of North America’s leading, award-winning brands of small kitchen appliances. We are in love with great food and we are inspired to empower ordinary people all over the world to create restaurant quality dishes while enjoying an easy-to-follow and user-friendly experience.
About CHEF iQ
The CHEF iQ® journey began in 2017 with the simple idea that cooking should be approachable and enjoyable for all. The CHEF iQ® app, currently connected to the Smart Cooker™ was conceptualized, developed, and will constantly be improved for our customer — the modern home chef.
Our team of master Hardware, Software, and Firmware Engineers, along with our expert designers, Culinary and Video professionals are working tirelessly to create an unrivaled cooking experience that seamlessly combines software and hardware to elevate the art of cooking. The result — An ecosystem of unparalleled culinary intelligence that lives in one simple app, connected to a Smart Cooker™ that can turn any ingredient into art.
CHEF iQ is seeking an experienced Dev Ops Engineer to join the Software Engineering team. The role supports our Software team by managing the source code management system, automating builds and regression testing, building tools and monitoring software deployments, coordinating and pushing new releases to the production infrastructure, designing and developing services that will support and add new functionality to our ecosystem. As a Dev Ops Engineer, you'll ensure that new software is released in a streamlined manner from development to production and that CHEF iQ products are delivered with a repeatable and scalable process.
- Support and improve our tools for continuous build, automated testing and release management
- Own, manage and improve our release process
- Focus on scale and efficiency
- Build and maintain tools needed during release pushes
- Drive iOS and Android app releases
- Build and maintain continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) systems for devices
- Build scripts, tools, and other services to improve developer productivity
- Develop and support processes to maintain uptime and availability of critical platform components
- Branching, merging, and running other day-to-day engineering processes
- Support, monitor, and enhance automated regression systems and tests to support high quality deployment to production
- Serve as the go-to person for triaging test case issues
- Find the root cause for why the test is failing (is it the server, the device, a test case issue, a recent change, a bad config, bad procedure, a bug, network issue, cloud outage).
- Reproduce the failures seen, report errors, log bugs
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in SRE, DevOps and/or configuration management
- Must love automation! Ability to automate everything and ensure that build and packaging processes are repeatable, consistent, and predictable with no guesswork left for developers
- Knowledge of best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines on AWS using CodeCommit, CodeBuild, and AWS DeviceFarm
- Mastery of multiple modern platforms: Git, AWS, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Travis, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, CloudFormation, IAC, etc.
- Solid understanding of build systems for different programming languages: C/C++, Go, Python, Shell, etc. You know how to code.
- Familiarity with the different type of tests: Unit Test, Integration Test, Smoke Test, Regression Test, Acceptance Test, and System Test
- Passionate about shipping well tested code
Desired Skills & Experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Strong familiarity with software configuration management systems and/or source code version control systems, Subversion, Git and Mercurial experience
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Ability to move fast, break things, rebuild things faster and make a big impact to our organization
- AWS Cloud certifications and trainings
- Familiarity with standard IT security practices such as encryption, certificates and key management
- Expertise working with embedded systems
- Having Terraform Certification would be a plus