The Manager, Site Reliability Engineer, will report to the Senior Director and will have accountability for leading a 24x7x365 team of Site Reliability Engineers in providing monitoring-as-a-service for Cheetah Digital on-premise and cloud hosted (AWS and Azure) product offerings.
The Manager must be a hands-on technical leader with a strong customer service mindset, willing to roll up their sleeves and do what’s necessary to solve the day-to-day challenges that go with leading a team responsible for supporting products and platforms used by customers around the globe. The Manager must be highly organized and have strong project management skills, as this role will require you to manage multiple concurrent projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Leading technical teams responsible for 24x7 production Coverage.
- Drive the monitoring strategy for all product capabilities and supporting infrastructure.
- Performance management and professional development for both managers and individual contributors.
- Driving product incident resolution.
- Ensuring gaps in monitoring strategy are quickly identified and addressed.
- Maintaining and supporting all tools, technologies responsible for monitoring Cheetah Digital technology platforms.
- Building strong working relationships with the Database Engineering, Platform Engineering, Systems and Software Engineering teams.
- Participate in architecture design reviews, collaborating with Software Engineering, Architecture and SRE teams to proactively author and execute monitoring strategies for all new products, features.
- Interface with support and Incident Management teams and provide client facing documentation for production incident.
Minimum requirement should for this role
- Ability to operate in a high-energy, high-intensity and evolving environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- 2 years managing technical teams of 4+ associates.
- 2 years providing production support in a 24x7x365 environment.
- 5 years as an individual contributor in a site reliability, software engineering, DevOps or Infrastructure role.
- 4 year degree in engineering, computer science or a related technical discipline.
- Strong understanding of the software development life-cycle, including source control and deployment automation concepts.
- Experience with Linux and windows operating systems.
- Experience providing client facing documentation.
Highly qualified candidates will also have
- Experience years supporting production environments hosted in the public cloud (AWS preferred).
- Experience supporting BigData platforms (Horton Works Hadoop or Cloudera).
- Experience with Linux shell scripting and Windows PowerShell.
- Experience supporting virtualization platforms.
- Experience support Kubernetes and Kafka.
- Knowledge of Windows and infrastructure Engineering with emphasis in server, virtualization, storage, azure AD, azure cloud, AWS Cloud and O365 services.
- Practical knowledge of ITIL application processes and implementation.
Why Cheetah Digital?
We are dedicated to marketers
Marketers have a more challenging job today than ever before and the status quo in marketing technology isn’t cutting it. We’re focused on product innovation and expert services that break norms to help marketers from some of the world’s largest brands execute complex marketing campaigns at scale.
We are innovators and operators
Our business is rapidly growing, transforming globally, and we rely on people who can adapt quickly, shift direction with agile reflexes, and tackle challenges head on.
We are global leaders
Headquartered in Chicago, we operate across 13 countries with 1,500+ employees. We have the balance of a fast-growing company with the scale and stability of a proven leader in the global market for 20 years.
We are progressive
We pride ourselves in creating a globally diverse and inclusive workforce and offer competitive employee benefits, including volunteer time, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, and retirement savings.
Cheetah Digital provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant's race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on Cheetah Digital. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.