At Cheetah Digital, we are marketers at heart. Our mission is to help the best brands in the world create meaningful and profitable relationships with their customers. Our technology and services solve complex marketing challenges and drive exceptional results for enterprise brands across the globe.
As Cheetahs, we are builders and believers who are comfortable disrupting the norm. We’re shaping the future of the marketing technology industry and are looking for like minded people to help us do it!
The Data Engineer
Under the direction of the Director, Global Database Engineering, the Hadoop Administrator will have extensive production experience supporting the Hadoop platform and building complex, real-time data pipelines on Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure public cloud platforms.
The Hadoop Administrator must be capable of developing, analyzing and supporting highly complex hybrid data solutions (on-premise, cloud), defining and implementing platform enhancements/upgrades, and ensuring that the platform maintains 99.99% uptime. We are a well-established and growing business, and now is a great time to join Cheetah Digital!
What You’ll Do
- Support all of Cheetah Digital’s Hortonworks Hadoop environments
- Build scalable, real time and batch data pipelines
- Assist in the provisioning, deployment, support and maintenance of Cheetah Digital’s cloud hosted big data platform
- Become the subject matter expert on data movement, pipeline development
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Engineering, Platform, Systems, DBA) to design, develop and deploy new data pipelines that will provide critical data for our next generation cloud data platform
- Achieve technical excellence by advocating for and adhering to lean-agile engineering principles and practices such as simple design, continuous integration, and automated testing
- Be an advocate for continuous improvement, always looking for opportunities to improve existing process, improve quality and performance
- Provide engineering, installation, configuration, maintenance and on-call support in a highly transactional 24x7 global platform
- Monitor designated applications and take corrective action to prevent or minimize system downtime
- Perform the capacity planning required to create and maintain solutions, working closely with system administration staff and site reliability engineers
- Coordinate efforts during production incidents and collaborate with other internal teams on conducting root cause analysis
What We’re Looking For
- Relevant BS, BA (4) year degree
- In-depth knowledge of distributed systems and computer science
- 4 years experience as a Hadoop Administrator
- 2 years experience as a Software Engineer
- 2 years experience building, deploying and supporting solutions on Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- 4 years experience with SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL
- Experience writing and optimizing complex Hive queries
- Strong understanding of relational and non-relational/no-sql database design
- Experience working in an agile team format
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
Exceptional Candidates Will Also Possess
- M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field of study
- Relevant technical certifications (on Microsoft Azure of Amazon Web Services)
Why Cheetah Digital?
We are dedicated to marketers
Marketers have a more challenging job today than ever before and the status quo in marketing technology isn’t cutting it. We’re focused on product innovation and expert services that break norms to help marketers from some of the world’s largest brands execute complex marketing campaigns at scale.
We are innovators and operators
Our business is rapidly growing, transforming globally, and we rely on people who can adapt quickly, shift direction with agile reflexes, and tackle challenges head on.
We are global leaders
Headquartered in Chicago, we operate across 13 countries with 1,500+ employees. We have the balance of a fast-growing company with the scale and stability of a proven leader in the global market for 20 years.
We are progressive
We pride ourselves in creating a globally diverse and inclusive workforce and offer competitive employee benefits, including volunteer time, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, and retirement savings.
Cheetah Digital provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant's race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on Cheetah Digital. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.