At Cheetah Digital, we are marketers at heart. Our mission is to help the best brands in the world create meaningful and profitable relationships with their customers. Our technology and services solve complex marketing challenges and drive exceptional results for enterprise brands across the globe.
As Cheetahs, we are builders and believers who are comfortable disrupting the norm. We’re shaping the future of the marketing technology industry and are looking for like minded people to help us do it!
The Cloud Engineering Manager is a technical management role in our Product, Technology, Support & Security (PTS²) organization. The Manager will report to a functional Manager in the team and will manage approximately 5 individual contributors, and with a small team spend the, approximately, 50% of their remaining time as an additional individual contributor in the team . As both a technical and management subject-matter-expert in the department, you will oversee the delivery of initiatives in your teams from technical and customer focused to people and engagement focused. Your contributions to the team will be measured in departmental KPIs, as well as the success and development of team members within your structure, as well as your contributions to the advancement of the function as a whole.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and empower a team of dedicated DevOps engineers across skill sets with expert knowledge of coding, release, configuration management, security, and operations practices and principles.
- Develop automated solutions, processes, and pipelines
- Write code to help improve and monitor the stability of our production platforms
- Work closely with leaders across multiple functions (Development, Operations, Project Management, Security) and geographic regions to ensure timely delivery of high quality projects pursuant to company standards.
- Respond to escalations in all levels of your team as well as those from Sr. Leaders; track and communicate progress towards resolution of these escalations.
- Manage and support our private and public cloud applications
- Regularly interact with Senior Management on matters concerning several functional areas; Use your expertise to influence, change the thinking of or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations, without damaging those relationships.
- Lead projects that lead to increased performance in the team and/or department.
- Manages established processes within the team, create process documentation and recommend and implement opportunities for process improvement.
- Approve expense reports and time cards, understand the capacity model for the team and make recommendations on staffing requirements.
- Translate departmental objectives into individual goals & execution plans. Measure and report on performance KPI's of your team of directs; influence the performance KPI's for teams and the department
- Manage the interview process for open roles on your team, make hiring decisions and gain offer approvals from senior management. Create onboarding plans for new hires in your team.
- Provide comprehensive coaching and feedback to your team. Coaching individuals and Managers to successful completion of team KPI's as well as soft-skills required to work in the team.
- Participate in C1G and check-in process in Reflektive for self and team. Work with Managers to develop strong C1G and with SLT to modify team C1G as-needed throughout the year.
- Provide performance improvement feedback to team on a regular basis. Escalate ongoing performance concerns in a timely manner to HR. Manage performance improvement plans and/or separation of low performers.
- Conduct, at minimum, bi-weekly 1:1's with direct reports.
- Provide training opportunities to increase role-based, technical and soft-skills of direct-reports and management and leadership opportunities for Managers. Provide cross-training opportunities to expand potential of top talent.
- Have a career-focused 1:1 for direct reports at least 1x/year; Ensure direct reports have an understanding of both technical and management career paths within the function.
- Provide team-level communications and updates on a regular basis, ensure team attends regular departmental town halls and influence global communication strategies.
- Encourage team members to participate in engagement opportunities across Cheetah Digital. Review quarterly functional engagement survey data from HR and take ownership of at least 1 engagement initiatives within the function.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ Years of experience in the role of DevOps, Automation, or Site Reliability Engineer
- 2+ Years of experience leading a team of direct reports
- 4+ Years of experience in an operational support capacity (application or systems administration)
- Strong CLI ability on either Linux or Windows
- Strong knowledge of at least one interpreted scripting language such as Python or Ruby
- Strong knowledge of public cloud services, best practices, management, and frameworks (GCP, Azure, or AWS)
- AWS and Azure experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of Ansible and at least one of Chef or Puppet
- Strong knowledge of git and CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
- Strong communicator, able to effectively communicate highly technical concepts
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes
- High level of proficiency in English language; additional language skills a plus
- Expert ability to manage time and resources effectively, make timely decisions, and move objectives forward on a schedule and hit deadlines effectively
- Proven ability to make sense of high volumes of and contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Proven ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively with others towards shared objectives
- Proven success working across multiple geographies and timezones.
Why Cheetah Digital?
We are dedicated to marketers
Marketers have a more challenging job today than ever before and the status quo in marketing technology isn’t cutting it. We’re focused on product innovation and expert services that break norms to help marketers from some of the world’s largest brands execute complex marketing campaigns at scale.
We are innovators and operators
Our business is rapidly growing, transforming globally, and we rely on people who can adapt quickly, shift direction with agile reflexes, and tackle challenges head on.
We are global leaders
Headquartered in Chicago, we operate across 13 countries with 1,500+ employees. We have the balance of a fast-growing company with the scale and stability of a proven leader in the global market for 20 years.
We are progressive
We pride ourselves in creating a globally diverse and inclusive workforce and offer competitive employee benefits, including volunteer time, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, and retirement savings.
Cheetah Digital provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant's race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on Cheetah Digital. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.