The Network Security Engineer is responsible for implementing, maintaining, monitoring and managing secure solutions and reports to the Security Manager. The engineer delivers these solutions in accordance with Cheetah Digital’s architectural designs, best practices, and regulatory or compliance requirements. As risks change, the Security Engineer is responsible for recommending modifications and enhancements to ensure the organization is evolving with the threat landscape.
The Security Engineer is expected to contribute to the corporate security strategy with security leadership and other senior security staffers and technologists. Recipients of the engineer’s implementations and management include IT infrastructure, application development, security operations, security audit and end users. With an emphasis on securing systems, applications, third-party connections, service providers and ancillary systems, the security engineer is responsible for securing business-to-business initiatives, third-party relationships, outsourced solutions and vendors. Considered a highly knowledgeable individual, the security engineer is expected to implement, monitor and manage secure solutions that address modern day issues.
Your daily activities will be:
- Handle day-to-day implementation, monitoring and operational support of hardware, software, customer applications, managed solutions and service provider relationships.
- Actively participate and lead security team meetings that facilitate secure design.
- Engage in information security projects that evaluate existing security infrastructure and propose changes as defined by security leadership and architects. Additionally, deliver projects on time, within budget and in accordance with service level agreements (SLAs).
- Assist with incident response and system stability issues as they occur. This may include involvement outside of regular work hours, and responsiveness is expected.
- Implement solutions observing compliance and privacy laws.
- Work in tandem with architects, the security operations center (SOC), incident responders, and technology infrastructure and development team members.
- Respond to and handle service and escalation tickets within SLA expectations.
- Develop security test plans from architectural design. Identify deficiencies and make enhancements to ensure production is not impacted.
- Participate regularly in change project and change management meetings.
- Research, validate and deploy solutions meeting security and business needs.
- Influence the planning and execution of incident response and postmortem exercises, with a focus on creating measurable benchmarks to show progress (or deficiencies requiring additional attention).
- Focus on driving security efficiencies, enabling security team members to work on more advanced tasks.
- Conduct performance testing to stress the limitations of security solutions while at the same time ensuring business innovation and day-to-day processes are not negatively impacted.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of related experience required
- Preferably at least 5+ years’ experience in cybersecurity, including compliance and risk management with a system and network security engineering background.
- Experience in cloud computing technologies, including software-, infrastructure and platform-as-a-service, as well as public, private, and hybrid environments.
- Extensive knowledge of traditional security controls and technologies, such as Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems, intrusion detection/prevention systems (IDS/IPS), public key infrastructure (PKI), identity and access management (IDAM) systems, antivirus and firewalls, in addition to newer offerings such as endpoint detection and response (EDR), threat intelligence platforms, security automation and orchestration, deception technologies and application controls.
- Skilled in meeting vulnerability and penetration testing requirements.
- Excellence in communicating business risk from cybersecurity issues.
- Track record of acting with integrity, taking pride in work, seeking to excel, being curious and adaptable, and communicating effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information assurance, MIS or related field, or equivalent.
- English communication skills.