Cheetah Digital is hiring for a Performance Engineer to join its fast growing engineering team. The Senior Performance Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, and supporting Cheetah Digital’s cutting-edge Cross-Channel Marketing Platform, a market-leading enterprise solution used by major brands in North America, Europe, and Asia. Cheetah’s Marketing Suite Platform processes and analyzes billions of transactions per day on a .NET platform backed with SQL Server. The Senior Engineer will work closely with Cheetah’s product management, quality assurance, operations, and customer success teams on a daily basis.
The Performance team is responsible for improving performance of the existing platform as well as influence any future design considerations for scale and speed. You will have the opportunity to work with large volumes of data, analyze it and recommend solutions for improvement. You will also be responsible to create tests and adding to the automated test suite.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong technical foundation in C#.NET, Microsoft SQL server and performance tuning in enterprise environments. The ideal candidate should also have an aptitude for quality and a collaborative mindset to learn and contribute by finding inefficiencies in coding practices and working together with the team to achieve significant performance improvements.
- Work with the engineering and support teams to monitor production SLA’s
- Make recommendations to stabilize or improve system performance
- Translate business requirements into specifications and detailed designs
- Work through all phases of the software development life cycle, including analysis, design, implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance
- Coordinate with the QA team to review test plans for gaps and completeness
- Review team code commits and sign-off on commit quality and adherence to standards
- Conduct large-scale performance benchmarks and tune the system for high throughput
- Investigate, analyze and address reported defects in a timely manner
- Deliver technical documentation for use by customers and partners
- Share in rotating on-call duty for triaging escalated client and system critical issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 5+ years programming experience in a enterprise, high-scale framework, with most recent significant experience in C#.NET
- 2+ years experience in performance engineering
- SaaS experience
- Experience with Agile Methodologies
- Experience with benchmark testing, using tools like JMeter
- Proficient in writing and performance tuning complex T-SQL
- Advanced relational DB experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong understanding of how each solution the team implements will work entirely from the user's (or customer's) perspective, as well as how the necessary changes will interact with other components across the infrastructure ecosystem
- Pass a strict criminal background check and provide strong references
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with local and remote teams in different time zones
- Demonstrated ability to compose clear and concise technical documentation
- Demonstrated ability to present deeply technical topics to less technical audiences
- Frameworks: .NET, MVC, WebApi, git
- Databases: SQLServer
Why Cheetah Digital?
We are dedicated to marketers
Marketers have a more challenging job today than ever before and the status quo in marketing technology isn’t cutting it. We’re focused on product innovation and expert services that break norms to help marketers from some of the world’s largest brands execute complex marketing campaigns at scale.
We are innovators and operators
Our business is rapidly growing, transforming globally, and we rely on people who can adapt quickly, shift direction with agile reflexes, and tackle challenges head on.
We are global leaders
Headquartered in Chicago, we operate across 13 countries with 1,500+ employees. We have the balance of a fast-growing company with the scale and stability of a proven leader in the global market for 20 years.
We are progressive
We pride ourselves in creating a globally diverse and inclusive workforce and offer competitive employee benefits, including volunteer time, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, and retirement savings.
Cheetah Digital provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant's race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on Cheetah Digital. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.