At Cheetah Digital, we are marketers at heart. Our mission is to help the best brands in the world create meaningful and profitable relationships with their customers. Our technology and services solve complex marketing challenges and drive exceptional results for enterprise brands across the globe.
As Cheetahs, we are builders and believers who are comfortable disrupting the norm. We’re shaping the future of the marketing technology industry and are looking for like minded people to help us do it!
There are five primary components to the Scrum Master role:
- Coach - Scrum practices: the Scrum Master is responsible for coaching his or her Scrum teams in agile practices and our Scrum methodology. The Scrum Master is expected to have deep expertise and a proven track record of leading and coaching similar teams in a commercial or enterprise software development environment.
- Facilitate - Scrum ceremonies: the Scrum Master is responsible for scheduling and facilitating normally cadenced Scrum ceremonies such as daily stand-ups, planning, grooming, bi-weekly demos, and retrospectives.
- Remove - Sprint impediments: the Scrum Master is responsible for clearing blocks that his or her scrum team may encounter. The Scrum Master should take ownership of resolving non-coding challenges to keep the Scrum team focused on their sprint goals.
- Advocate - Voice of the team: The Scrum Master acts as an advocate for his or her scrum team within the larger Product and Technology organization.
- Change agent - Promote agile practices: The Scrum Master will proactively promote agile practices and our Scrum methodology across the wider organization
- The candidate should have held the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory. Preference is for Scrum Masters who have worked in large enterprise and/or commercial software settings.
- Familiarity with the “servant leadership” role and what it means at a day-to-day level
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques in the Scrum approach, e.g. burndown charts, retrospective formats, how to handle in-sprint bugs, etc.
- Understanding how to construct high quality, vertically sliced user stories and epics; ability to work with Product Owners to ensure backlogs have 2-3 weeks of fully groomed stories at any time.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: user stories / epics / initiatives, automated testing,
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc. as well as traditional project management techniques a plus
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Scrum Master
- Executes the above
- Senior Scrum Master
- Coaches (e.g. execs, other SMs, dev teams)
- Mentors junior members and resources in other areas of the business
- Helps drive the methodology and process development over time
Why Cheetah Digital?
We are dedicated to marketers
Marketers have a more challenging job today than ever before and the status quo in marketing technology isn’t cutting it. We’re focused on product innovation and expert services that break norms to help marketers from some of the world’s largest brands execute complex marketing campaigns at scale.
We are innovators and operators
Our business is rapidly growing, transforming globally, and we rely on people who can adapt quickly, shift direction with agile reflexes, and tackle challenges head on.
We are global leaders
Headquartered in Chicago, we operate across 13 countries with 1,500+ employees. We have the balance of a fast-growing company with the scale and stability of a proven leader in the global market for 20 years.
We are progressive
We pride ourselves in creating a globally diverse and inclusive workforce and offer competitive employee benefits, including volunteer time, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, and retirement savings.
Cheetah Digital provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant's race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on Cheetah Digital. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.