The Data Engineer
Under the direction of the Director, Global Database Engineering, the Data Engineer will have extensive production experience building complex, real-time data pipelines on Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure public cloud platforms.
The Data Engineer must be capable of developing, analyzing and supporting highly complex hybrid data solutions (on-premise, cloud), defining and implementing platform enhancements/upgrades, and ensuring that the platform maintains 99.99% uptime. We are a well-established and growing business, and now is a great time to join Cheetah Digital!
What You’ll Do
- Build scalable, real time and batch data pipelines
- Become the subject matter expert on data movement, pipeline development
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Engineering, Platform, Systems, DBA) to design, develop and deploy new data pipelines that will provide critical data for our next generation cloud data platform
- Achieve technical excellence by advocating for and adhering to lean-agile engineering principles and practices such as simple design, continuous integration, and automated testing
- Be an advocate for continuous improvement, always looking for opportunities to improve existing process, improve quality and performance
- Provide engineering, installation, configuration, maintenance and on-call support in a highly transactional 24x7 global platform
- Monitor designated applications and take corrective action to prevent or minimize system downtime
- Perform the capacity planning required to create and maintain solutions, working closely with system administration staff and site reliability engineers
- Coordinate efforts during production incidents and collaborate with other internal teams on conducting root cause analysis
What We’re Looking For
- Relevant BS, BA (4) year degree
- In-depth knowledge of distributed systems and computer science
- 4 years experience as a Data Engineer or Software Engineer
- 4 years experience building, deploying and supporting solutions on Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- 2 years experience with Hadoop (any distribution)
- 4 years experience with SQL Server
- Experience writing and optimizing complex SQL queries
- Strong understanding of relational database design
- Experience working in an agile team format
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
Exceptional Candidates Will Also Possess
- M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or related field of study
- Relevant technical certifications (on Microsoft Azure of Amazon Web Services)
Why Cheetah Digital?
We are Dedicated to Marketers.
Our singular focus is helping enterprise marketers solve the complex challenges that they face day in and day out. Everything we do revolves around that very simple and very powerful statement. We like to think that we know marketers, because we are marketers. We have a team of experienced leaders, product and services experts and passion to build the future of marketing software industry.
We care about our employees.
At Cheetah Digital, we work hard to create a positive work environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important, too. We support our global team with great benefits, like generous paid parental leave, options for medical/dental/vision plans and competitive time-off programs that enable our team to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We are global.
Cheetah Digital has 23 global offices in 15 countries, with many employees working remotely around the world. We stay very connected, and an international remote culture is part of our DNA.
We value diversity.
Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful every day.
Cheetah Digital provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant's race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status.