Cheddar is the leading post-cable news, media, and entertainment company and currently broadcasts two live video news networks: Cheddar, a business news network covering the most innovative executives, founders, products, and technologies transforming our lives and economy; and Cheddar Big News, a fast-paced, young, non-partisan general news and headline news network.
The company broadcasts from the trading floor of the New York Stock Exchange, its street level studio in the glass corner of the Sprint Store in the Flatiron Building, WeWork in Los Angeles, and the White House.
Cheddar was founded by Jon Steinberg, President and Chief Operating Officer of BuzzFeed from 2010 to 2014. Its investors include Lightspeed Venture Partners, Raine Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Liberty Global, Comcast Ventures, AT&T, Amazon, Antenna Group, Ribbit Capital, The New York Stock Exchange, Altice USA, 7 Global Capital, and Denstu Ventures.
About this role:
Cheddar is looking for a hard working & creative candidate to join the social video team, helping us to create content across social platforms. Successful candidates should have skills in a variety of areas - writing, producing, editing, filming, graphics - or the desire and ability to acquire those skills quickly. In this role you will be assisting the social video team in executing the current slate of social video programming as well as pitching and creating daily text-on-screen videos. If you are obsessed with how to tell the stories of news, innovation, technology, culture and media in new ways that results in social shares and engagement this position is for you.
- Assist the Social Video team in researching and pitching text-on-screen videos
- Collaborate with writers and video producers as well as work on videos independently
- Edit text-on-screen and quickly implement notes from team leads
- Gather assets from archival sources, news wire services, social media and Cheddar’s news team for use in social videos.
- Edit different versions of videos specifically for each major social platform
- Write treatments and scripts
- Generate exciting and informative creative concepts focusing on stories in the business, finance, tech, innovation, culture, news and science sectors.
- Ensure the quality of all videos adhere to Cheddar guidelines and best practices
- Responsible for maintaining team’s calendar and workflow
- Assist on studio and field shoots
- Maintain regular communication with the team and use project management tools to ensure timely delivery of assets.
- 1+ years of professional experience in social video, directing, shooting, editing
- Experience creating short form video for platforms including: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter.
- Excellent Adobe Premiere skills required
- Background and understanding of social video - producing, editing, shooting, etc.
- Experience with studio and/or field shoots
- Strong organizational skills with experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects happening at once
- After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator skills a plus
- A deep understanding of the social video landscape, platforms and best practices
If this sounds like you, please send us a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please include a link to your site, reel or at least 4 videos that represent work you have done that is relevant to Cheddar. Tell us a little about yourself and what social videos you have seen that you consider best in class and why.
Our Benefits and Culture:
The Cheddar team moves at lightning speed and our employees have the opportunity to make an extraordinary impact. We are growing fast and achieving milestones every day. Our team is direct, relentless, ethical, proactive, and different. All of our full time employees receive a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes stock options, health, dental, and vision insurance, disability and life insurance, 401K, discounted gym membership, commuter benefits, generous paid leave, drinks and snacks, team events, happy hours, and more.
Cheddar is an equal opportunity employer, and we actively cultivate an inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity. We welcome all candidates and are committed to hiring people with a wide variety of experiences and backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.