Cheddar is the leading post-cable news, media, and entertainment company and currently broadcasts two live video news networks: Cheddar, a business news network covering the most innovative executives, founders, products, and technologies transforming our lives and economy; and Cheddar Big News, a fast-paced, young, non-partisan general news and headline news network.
The company broadcasts from the trading floor of the New York Stock Exchange, its street level studio in the glass corner of the Sprint Store in the Flatiron Building, WeWork in Los Angeles, and the White House.
Cheddar was founded by Jon Steinberg, President and Chief Operating Officer of BuzzFeed from 2010 to 2014. Its investors include Lightspeed Venture Partners, Raine Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Liberty Global, Comcast Ventures, AT&T, Amazon, Antenna Group, Ribbit Capital, The New York Stock Exchange, Altice USA, 7 Global Capital, and Denstu Ventures.
About This Role:
Cheddar is looking for a smart, detail-oriented, customer-service focused individual to help manage and support Cheddar’s branded partnerships operation. Based in New York, this role’s goal is to ensure every aspect of a campaign is flawlessly executed. The right candidate must have experience managing branded partnerships on digital platforms.
This lower-level position is well suited to an individual looking to break into the world of internet/media startups with room for growth and advancement. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment, will bring energy and passion to everything he/she does, and will not be afraid to roll up his/her sleeves to tackle projects both big and small. This is a great opportunity to learn the operational ropes of a fast-growing company while making a direct impact on its success. Cheddar’s advertising is taking off and we need someone to help us run and scale as it grows.
- Support Brand Partnership team in maintaining and servicing existing clients from a reporting and content creation perspective.
- Support Brand Partnership team in campaign kick offs, client status calls, and recap calls.
- Work closely with Cheddar Producers to launch and track in-house custom ad products.
- Support Brand Partnership & Production team with editing and post-production of branded content both for platforms.
- Effectively work with functional groups such as Sales, Data & Analytics and Content team to optimize campaigns to meet performance objectives.
- Proactively monitor campaign performance and delivery goals, escalate delivery issues as necessary.
- Track, optimize, and compile campaign analysis and custom recap reports for clients
- Process and submit invoicing for branded partnerships
- BA/BS (or equivalent training and experience)
- MUST have 2-3 years’ experience in media industry managing client projects
- Familiarity with Cheddar – content, distribution partners, business model.
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong quantitative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly proficient with MS Excel
- Keynote experience a plus
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize demands and meet deadlines
- Ability to thrive and be highly effective in a fast-paced and fluid environment, as well as situations of ambiguity and uncertainty - (We’re a startup, come up with an approach to solve the challenge rather than just state it.)
Our Benefits and Culture:
The Cheddar team moves at lightning speed and our employees have the opportunity to make an extraordinary impact. We are growing fast and achieving milestones every day. Our team is direct, relentless, ethical, proactive, and different. All of our full time employees receive a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes stock options, health, dental, and vision insurance, disability and life insurance, 401K, discounted gym membership, commuter benefits, generous paid leave, drinks and snacks, team events, happy hours, and more.
Cheddar is an equal opportunity employer, and we actively cultivate an inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity. We welcome all candidates and are committed to hiring people with a wide variety of experiences and backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.