Cheddar is the leading post-cable news, media, and entertainment company and currently broadcasts two live video news networks: Cheddar, a business news network covering the most innovative executives, founders, products, and technologies transforming our lives and economy; and Cheddar Big News, a fast-paced, young, non-partisan general news and headline news network.
The company broadcasts from the trading floor of the New York Stock Exchange, its street level studio in the glass corner of the Sprint Store in the Flatiron Building, WeWork in Los Angeles, and the White House.
Cheddar was founded by Jon Steinberg, President and Chief Operating Officer of BuzzFeed from 2010 to 2014. Its investors include Lightspeed Venture Partners, Raine Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Liberty Global, Comcast Ventures, AT&T, Amazon, Antenna Group, Ribbit Capital, The New York Stock Exchange, Altice USA, 7 Global Capital, and Denstu Ventures.Cheddar is looking for a creative, driven, and experienced Segment Producer to put together guest notes, questions, scripts, and visual elements a two-hour live daily news show, as well as occasional special projects. The candidate will have experience working in live news, with an expertise in writing scripts and building show rundowns.
About This Role:
Cheddar is looking for a part-time junior editor to work Friday and Saturday nights. The junior editor editor will be responsible for moving live asset and news package edits and deliveries forward during the weekends and providing on site support to engineering and content teams in the field/at remote locations.
This is a both a creative editing and technical asset delivery position. The ideal candidate is collaborative and must be able to make snap judgements and communicate clearly and effectively while frequently being the only person in the office.
This is a part-time position based in NY.
- Review rundown and communicate with editorial staff about element needs
- Begin new package edits and move "in progress" edits forward
- Communicate with your weekday counterpart about prioritization
- Edit and deliver daily "hits" to various distribution partners
- Pull in video and sound from various sources and deliver to playback in the proper format
- Archive old media and remove from storage servers (will train)
- Ingest footage from the field team as it comes in
- Assist with remote ingest and other studio/engineering tasks as needed (will train)
- Premiere Pro based
- Previous experience editing Broll/VO assets, SOTs and packages for live news and/or sports is required
- Ability to work independently, make quick judgments and communicate effectively without supervision
- Team player and collaborative
- Available to start immediately
Our Benefits and Culture:
The Cheddar team moves at lightning speed and our employees have the opportunity to make an extraordinary impact. We are growing fast and achieving milestones every day. Our team is direct, relentless, ethical, proactive, and different. All of our full time employees receive a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes stock options, health, dental, and vision insurance, disability and life insurance, 401K, discounted gym membership, commuter benefits, generous paid leave, drinks and snacks, team events, happy hours, and more.
Cheddar is an equal opportunity employer, and we actively cultivate an inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity. We welcome all candidates and are committed to hiring people with a wide variety of experiences and backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.