Cheddar is the leading post-cable news, media, and entertainment company and currently broadcasts two live video news networks: Cheddar, a business news network covering the most innovative executives, founders, products, and technologies transforming our lives and economy; and Cheddar Big News, a fast-paced, young, non-partisan general news and headline news network.
The company broadcasts from the trading floor of the New York Stock Exchange, its street level studio in the glass corner of the Sprint Store in the Flatiron Building, WeWork in Los Angeles, and the White House.
Cheddar was founded by Jon Steinberg, President and Chief Operating Officer of BuzzFeed from 2010 to 2014. Its investors include Lightspeed Venture Partners, Raine Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Liberty Global, Comcast Ventures, AT&T, Amazon, Antenna Group, Ribbit Capital, The New York Stock Exchange, Altice USA, 7 Global Capital, and Denstu Ventures.
About This Role:
Cheddar is looking for a hard working & creative social Video Producer to help us grow our audiences across social video platforms. The ideal candidate is a storyteller at heart - both visually and narratively. You will be responsible for writing compelling scripts and turning them into engaging videos optimized for social platforms. The ideal candidate has experience as a video producer, writer, editor and is used to collaborating across teams to make content that is new, interesting and highly shareable. This role requires you to work on multiple projects at once with the ability to project manage them yourself while never compromising the level of creativity.
- Produce, shoot and edit high quality, long and short-form videos in a wide range of styles in the field and in studio, including documentary pieces, talent focused shoots, graphic videos, etc.
- Generate exciting and informative creative concepts with the production team focusing on stories in the business, finance, tech, innovation, culture, news and science sectors.
- Write treatments and scripts
- Work with on-camera talent and other production staff to craft ideas into engaging & repeatable series and one-off videos.
- Experiment with different formats to create content that will perform well on disparate platforms.
- Cut versions of videos specifically for each major platform we are on in line with each’s best practices.
- 3+ years of experience creating social first videos
- Experience creating short form video for platforms including: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter.
Proven success creating videos that perform well on YouTube
- Track record of creating video that grows and engages social audiences organically.
- Expert in Adobe Premiere required
- Familiarity with motion graphics and after effects preferred.
- Background in studio and field production required
- Deep knowledge of social media video best practices, landscape and ability to recognize stories that will drive views and shares
- Background in nonfiction storytelling, journalism, writing
- Strong organizational skills with experience working on multiple projects with quick turnarounds
Our Benefits and Culture:
The Cheddar team moves at lightning speed and our employees have the opportunity to make an extraordinary impact. We are growing fast and achieving milestones every day. Our team is direct, relentless, ethical, proactive, and different. All of our full time employees receive a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes stock options, health, dental, and vision insurance, disability and life insurance, 401K, discounted gym membership, commuter benefits, generous paid leave, drinks and snacks, team events, happy hours, and more.
Cheddar is an equal opportunity employer, and we actively cultivate an inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity. We welcome all candidates and are committed to hiring people with a wide variety of experiences and backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.