Cheddar is the leading post-cable news, media, and entertainment company and currently broadcasts two live video news networks: Cheddar, a business news network covering the most innovative executives, founders, products, and technologies transforming our lives and economy; and Cheddar Big News, a fast-paced, young, non-partisan general news and headline news network.
The company broadcasts from the trading floor of the New York Stock Exchange, its street level studio in the glass corner of the Sprint Store in the Flatiron Building, WeWork in Los Angeles, and the White House.
Cheddar was founded by Jon Steinberg, President and Chief Operating Officer of BuzzFeed from 2010 to 2014. Its investors include Lightspeed Venture Partners, Raine Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Liberty Global, Comcast Ventures, AT&T, Amazon, Antenna Group, Ribbit Capital, The New York Stock Exchange, Altice USA, 7 Global Capital, and Denstu Ventures.Cheddar is looking for a creative, driven, and experienced Segment Producer to put together guest notes, questions, scripts, and visual elements a two-hour live daily news show, as well as occasional special projects. The candidate will have experience working in live news, with an expertise in writing scripts and building show rundowns.
About the role:
Cheddar is looking for a creative, organized, and hard working Writer/Producer to join the Business team to work on Cheddar’s early-morning program, “Wake Up with Cheddar”.
- Generate original story ideas, reacting to breaking news and developing creative story angles
- Produce guest or reporter interview segments on business, trending, market, media, or technology stories
- Build show graphics and elements in rundown, including Banners/Chyrons
- Write scripts for live programming
- Coordinate with Senior Line Producer to make sound editorial decisions -- with a keen eye on technology, business & media
- Experience in financial or national news journalism and live production
- Knowledge of news video/TV production
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Strong grammar, copy editing and communication skills
- Familiarity with Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and other social media
- Ability to work in a high-stress newsroom environment and still manage to have a sense of humor
Our Benefits and Culture:
The Cheddar team moves at lightning speed and our employees have the opportunity to make an extraordinary impact. We are growing fast and achieving milestones every day. Our team is direct, relentless, ethical, proactive, and different. All of our full time employees receive a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes stock options, health, dental, and vision insurance, disability and life insurance, 401K, discounted gym membership, commuter benefits, generous paid leave, drinks and snacks, team events, happy hours, and more.
Cheddar is an equal opportunity employer, and we actively cultivate an inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity. We welcome all candidates and are committed to hiring people with a wide variety of experiences and backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.