Cheddar is the leading post-cable news, media, and entertainment company and currently broadcasts two live video news networks: Cheddar, a business news network covering the most innovative executives, founders, products, and technologies transforming our lives and economy; and Cheddar Big News, a fast-paced, young, non-partisan general news and headline news network.
The company broadcasts from the trading floor of the New York Stock Exchange, its street level studio in the glass corner of the Sprint Store in the Flatiron Building, WeWork in Los Angeles, and the White House.
Cheddar was founded by Jon Steinberg, President and Chief Operating Officer of BuzzFeed from 2010 to 2014. Its investors include Lightspeed Venture Partners, Raine Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Liberty Global, Comcast Ventures, AT&T, Amazon, Antenna Group, Ribbit Capital, The New York Stock Exchange, Altice USA, 7 Global Capital, and Denstu Ventures.
About This Role:
CheddarU is the largest news network of its kind, reaching over 600 campuses and 7 million students, CheddarU broadcasts live Cheddar content right onto screens on college campuses. Hundreds of thousands watch us live daily and hundreds of millions watch our videos monthly. 8 hours live a day. It is available on Sling TV, Hulu, YouTube TV, Amazon, Comcast X1, and 60% of smart tvs in the U.S.
Cheddar’s team is growing, and the needs of the business are expanding - at a very fast pace. We’re looking for an outgoing and driven Account Manager to play an integral role growing and maintaining CheddarU’s existing campus distribution while managing a diverse portfolio of marketing projects to increase awareness on campus of CheddarU amongst our student audience.
The right candidate will have 2-5 years proven sales experience, with a successful track record of digging out leads and completing deals quickly. This is a goals oriented role with weekly progress reviews. Success requires confidence and ease of introducing yourself and pitching CheddarU at conferences and over the phone is a must.
The Account Manager must be relentless in her/his pursuit of working with CheddarU clients and moving projects to completion and seeking out other opportunities to drive the organization forward.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter and a natural leader - someone who drives results and inspires others to take action. College involvement in clubs, activities, and organizations is a definite plus.
- Secure a minimum of 25 new college/university accounts per year
- Responsible for renewing a minimum of 15 current college/university accounts per year
- Meet with existing campus partners to educate them about CheddarU programming
- Sell the CheddarU channel and technology solutions to various departments at a college campus
- Represent & promote the CheddarU brand at conferences and on college campuses
- Bachelor's degree (Communications, Marketing or Journalism preferred)
- 2-5 years of sales and customer service experience
- Ability and desire to travel nationwide 50% of the time
- Experience in creating and presentations and marketing collateral
- Experience as a vendor at conferences/trade shows
- Experience in selling technology solutions or in the college market is a plus
- Experience in prospecting and building a new book of business
- Track record of success
- Responsible for managing clients day to day
- Develop accounts from existing business
- Own, manage and develop relationships
- Strong computer skills
- Sharp communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable prospecting, negotiating contract terms, and closing the deal
- Must possess and demonstrate proven presentation and negotiation skills
- Comfortable presenting to high-level university executives, mid-level executives, as well as students
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
Our Benefits and Culture:
The Cheddar team moves at lightning speed and our employees have the opportunity to make an extraordinary impact. We are growing fast and achieving milestones every day. Our team is direct, relentless, ethical, proactive, and different. All of our full time employees receive a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes stock options, health, dental, and vision insurance, disability and life insurance, 401K, discounted gym membership, commuter benefits, generous paid leave, drinks and snacks, team events, happy hours, and more.
Cheddar is an equal opportunity employer, and we actively cultivate an inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity. We welcome all candidates and are committed to hiring people with a wide variety of experiences and backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.