Cheddar is the leading post-cable news, media, and entertainment company and currently broadcasts two live video news networks: Cheddar, a business news network covering the most innovative executives, founders, products, and technologies transforming our lives and economy; and Cheddar Big News, a fast-paced, young, non-partisan general news and headline news network.
The company broadcasts from the trading floor of the New York Stock Exchange, its street level studio in the glass corner of the Sprint Store in the Flatiron Building, WeWork in Los Angeles, and the White House.
Cheddar was founded by Jon Steinberg, President and Chief Operating Officer of BuzzFeed from 2010 to 2014. Its investors include Lightspeed Venture Partners, Raine Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Liberty Global, Comcast Ventures, AT&T, Amazon, Antenna Group, Ribbit Capital, The New York Stock Exchange, Altice USA, 7 Global Capital, and Denstu Ventures.
About This Role:
Cheddar is looking for a Social Media Associate to assist the Director of Social Media and Engagement in helping to manage content across our social platforms, which includes scheduling, publishing and organizing content calendars for our properties along with the Social Media Manager and the Community Engagement Associate. This position will be responsible for understanding and utilizing Cheddar’s voice and have a very strong attention to detail and organization skills.
A strong candidate is someone eager to help in the day-to-day real-time responsibilities of social media management and engagement while understanding we’re a post-cable network and the nature of this fast-paced news cycle.
- Schedule and publish content across Cheddar and Cheddar Big News, and CheddarU social media platforms before, during and after our live shows
- Interact with fans and viewers on our social media platforms alongside the Community Engagement Associate to encourage conversations
- Monitor trending topics and hashtags to insert Cheddar into conversation, even when we don’t have video content for these stories
- Clip videos using SnappyTV from our live programming for distribution on social platforms
- Contribute to daily responsibilities of the Director of Social Media and Engagement and the Social Media Manager
- 1-2 years of related social media management experience (Internships and curricular activity included)
- Understand the basic logistics of how to publish, engage and monitor our different social media platforms
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently and keep organized during a busy, fast-paced news cycle
- Strong understanding of what makes content shareable
- Experience with utilizing publishing, analytics and listening tools to help content creation and engagement is preferred, but not necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree
Our Benefits and Culture:
The Cheddar team moves at lightning speed and our employees have the opportunity to make an extraordinary impact. We are growing fast and achieving milestones every day. Our team is direct, relentless, ethical, proactive, and different. All of our full time employees receive a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes stock options, health, dental, and vision insurance, disability and life insurance, 401K, discounted gym membership, commuter benefits, generous paid leave, drinks and snacks, team events, happy hours, and more.
Cheddar is an equal opportunity employer, and we actively cultivate an inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity. We welcome all candidates and are committed to hiring people with a wide variety of experiences and backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.