Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
As our People and Training Events Specialist, you will use your creativity, project management, and relationship building skills to drive engagement for the employees of Checkr. In this role, you will wear many hats: from designing exciting events to coordinating logistics, to making sure we stick to a budget. You will also help drive learning and development at Checkr by booking speakers, scheduling trainings, and developing metrics for our L&D programs. You will report to the Director of People Operations and your focus will be to find ways to build connections between our employees internally and also within our greater community. If you are looking to bring your event management skills to a mission-driven organization and want to build your skills in human resources/people operations, you have found your match.
- Manage event planning for Checkr’s largest events (company hackathons, offsites, and parties)
- Schedule, book, and coordinate external and internal speakers for trainings
- Create a network of nonprofits in our community and schedule monthly volunteer events with them
- Drive internal and external engagement with events and communications
- Develop and maintain success metrics and tracking for events and learning and development
- Be a champion of our Checkr’s core values and find ways to weave them into our day-to-day practices
- Work on broader People Operations initiatives like Diversity and Inclusion, Onboarding, etc. as needed
- Excellent project and event management skills
- A demonstrated balance of creativity and ability to execute
- 4-8 years of event planning/learning and development experience
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively with all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to keep data private and ensure employee data confidentiality
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).