Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
The Partner Development Manager plays an important role at Checkr to help us vet, prioritize, and sign new partners, while developing a clear POV on the business and product implications of our joint solutions. Reporting to our Director of Data Operations, this team member will work cross-functionally and with our external partners to ensure efficiency, accuracy, speed, and of our background check processes.
We are looking for a team player who can effectively manage complex, detail-oriented projects with an eye to compliance and process improvement. This person should also be able to proactively understand the competitive landscape so that we can feel confident that we’re bringing the best partner enabled solutions to market.
- Strategically identify, cultivate and contract with new third party data partners to enable new product offerings and profitable growth
- Develop and implement SLA agreements with our vendors to ensure operational excellence
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, operations, finance and sales to drive process improvement and tools to support communication and integration with third parties
- Ensure the timeliness and quality of data from partners by reviewing performance metrics, identifying opportunities for improvement, and directly working with partners
- Resolve specific issues impeding completion of individual background checks
What you bring:
- Experience in Business Development, Product Management, and/or Operations
- Experience managing vendor and/or partner relationships at a strategic and operational level
- Analytic and/or operational experience delivering data-based products
- Comfortable operating high level of autonomy and self-direction, a real go-getter
- Strong attention to detail and great communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).