Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Historically, the background check industry has had an extremely high error rate, causing many people to lose out on jobs or discriminated against. Checkr is looking for an IT Generalist who will help build, scale and manage our infrastructure that supports our growing team. We are looking for someone who as a strong passion for support and loves solving problems. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding on server management and ability to provide exceptional support and continue to protect Checkr’s network infrastructure.
- Design, build, and maintain all corporate systems, applications, tools and services with a strong focus on security
- Design, build and scale Checkr’s network infrastructure
- Manage Aruba / Meraki switches
- Design and ship tools and automation to drive productivity and scale a lean IT team
- Help grow and mentor the global IT organization
- Document solutions and procedures
- Maintain all AV devices and ensure every conference room is up and running
What you bring:
- 4+ years of relevant technical experience in system administration or engineering
- Experience with corporate IT security best practices
- Fluency managing switches, routers, firewalls and VPN
- Experience with Linux/Unix/Windows infrastructure, systems, software, and tools
- Work experience in a startup environment
- Experience with Casper
- Experience with OKTA
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).