Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
As the Sr. Financial Analyst, you will play a key role on the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team. The FP&A team is responsible for improving financial decision-making across the company. As a Sr. Financial Analyst, you’ll support the FP&A team by preparing monthly and ad-hoc reporting & analyses, and become a business partner to our revenue generating teams (Sales, Business Development, and Marketing).
- Analyze and prepare monthly financial packages for review, including detailed variance explanations against budget and forecast to understand drivers
- Lead strategic and financial planning processes for your teams (e.g., Monthly Reviews, Forecasts, and Annual Budget
- Build and own scenario models for in-depth analyses, as well as ensure their quality, timeliness, and accuracy
- Be your business teams’ go-to financial partner for ad-hoc analysis and relevant external relations (for example, evaluating prospective partnerships or negotiating new contract terms)
- Develop and monitor critical success metrics, and communicate actionable insights to relevant stakeholders
- Ability to independently address new analytical requests: understand the core question being asked, gather needed data, build models, validate assumptions, perform analyses, and present results
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- At least 4 years of business experience
- Ability to set and keep deadlines at a fast pace without losing accuracy
- Advanced skills in Excel, Powerpoint (or Google Slides)
- Experience building a Three Statement Financial Model from scratch
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Proficiency with a Business Intelligence (BI) tool like: Looker, Chartio, Tableau is a plus
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).