Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Historically, the background check process has a bit of a black box causing confusion and many people to lose out on jobs or be discriminated against. We are looking for Machine Learning engineers to help design, build and deploy ML models that directly impact the customer and applicant experience by enhancing and providing insights into that process. Such areas include report turnaround time and start date prediction, position matching and job placement, and fraud detection. The ideal candidate must love distributed systems and comfortable building a strong data foundation for the Experience Engineering team.
What a typical week may look like at Checkr
- Improve our report turnaround time prediction algorithm
- Provide data driven analysis to help drive and vet future initiatives
- Build automated decision-making tools
- Build and deploy ML models to enhance the customer and applicant experience
- Implement robust interfaces to allow integration with our platform
What we value in a Machine Learning Engineer
- 3+ years industry experience in Data Engineering or Data Science
- Experience solving regression based problems
- Experience building production-ready NLP systems
- Experience with Distributed systems
- Proficiency in Ruby or Python
- Experience with tensorflow or pytorch
- Experience with pandas and sci-kit learn
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related technical field
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).