Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has landed on Forbes' 'Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2016' List. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide second chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
The Operations Program Manager will be responsible for leading operational programs to support scale and efficiency in Operations at Checkr. He/she will oversee the design and ongoing support for third party systems used to manage our operation (such as ticketing systems, knowledge management). He/she will collaborate with leaders across the company to understand business and operational goals, and ensure efficient design and implementation of these systems across the operation. This role is key in assuring scalability of our operation.
This role will require building an in-depth understanding of our operational work flows, as well as the detailed data relationships between Checkr’s support tools and core platform. We are looking for an analytic, process-oriented thinker who is comfortable both asking high level business questions, and delving into the nitty gritty data that we need to answer those questions.
- Work with the operations, customer, and product teams to understand Checkr current and future business and operations goals and how we can leverage third party operational tools to achieve those goals
- Gather and prioritize requirements for workflow tools (currently Zendesk) including our Operations, Customer Success and IT teams
- Manage internal testing and rollout of improvements across all teams (for example, including macros, triggers, forms, and other advanced Zendesk features)
- Communicate major issues that affect operations, and recommend and implement solutions that strive to improve efficiency, service levels, and the customer experience.
- Use analytics, audits, and workflow reviews to proactively identify new features or workflow changes that will improve the applicant/customer experience or increase agent productivity
- Quantify, report, and prioritize product defects that generate support tickets.
- Regularly audit Zendesk permissions and workflows to keep the system running smoothly
What you bring
- 3-5 years of business operations, corporate development/strategy, consulting, or similar experience. Experience at a growth phase tech company preferred
- 2+ years of experience with SAAS tools (Zendesk, Salesforce, Workday, Jira, etc)
- Extremely strong project management skills
- Technical grit - you’re not a programmer, but you are fascinated by the ins and outs of the Checkr platform and our internal tools
- Highly analytic and organized; self-starter
- A drive to lead by example and effectively manage multiple projects and initiatives
- Curiosity and a spirit of adventure - we’re building a team for long term success
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Zendesk experience a plus
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).