Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has landed on Forbes' 'Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2016' List. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide second chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
The Director of User Operations will manage our front line applicant support team and play an important role in providing excellent customer service to applicants completing Checkr background checks. Reporting to our VP of Operations, this leader will develop our growing applicant support team, and evaluate and deploy new service models to scale the operation.
- Lead and develop applicant support service team to ensure consistent, high quality customer service
- Define processes, procedures, and new service models to ensure quality service levels and scalability of the operation
- Work with operations, engineering, product and other internal teams to define technical projects that will increase scalability and quality
- Refine and develop operational metrics to effectively manage and scale the operation
- Act as a point of escalation with applicants to ensure issues are addressed quickly
What you bring:
- College degree in a related field
- 8-10 years of experience, of which at least 3-5 years are in direct management roles in fast-paced, high growth environments
- Operational experience in customer success, call center support, help desk or other support function strongly preferred
- Extreme attention to detail
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).