Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has landed on Forbes' 'Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2016' List. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide second chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking for an outstanding product marketing hire for its revolutionary background check solution, which is disrupting the 40 year-old background screening industry and becoming a global trust and safety platform.
The Product Marketing Manager plays a pivotal role in driving both product and go-to-market initiatives for the company. In this role, he or she will be responsible for the product marketing activities for Checkr solutions and will work with senior executives, Marketing, Sales, and R&D to develop messaging, positioning, content, and go-to-market plans. The ideal candidate will have a sharp intellect, entrepreneurial spirit and a successful track record of understanding target markets, defining messaging, developing content, and executing product launch plans.
- Define audiences, buyer’s journey, strategy, positioning, messaging, dependencies, and then drive cross-functional consensus to deliver business results
- Provide our direct and partner sales functions with the tools, evidence and insights required for success
- Work with the broader marketing team to develop lead generation programs
- Conduct product presentations and demonstrations at events, press tours, analyst briefings, etc.
- Collect, analyze, and distribute information about competition and industry trends
- Own the creation of materials for market education, sales acceleration and thought leadership to advance our conversation with the market
What you bring:
- 3-5 years of technology product marketing experience that includes creation of sales and marketing collateral for enterprise buyers
- Experience in marketing to or working within highly regulated industries a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a variety of audiences
- Experience using insights and analytics to provoke interest and tell a story
- Experience orchestrating a range of different programs to drive business success
- Track record of working collaboratively and influencing internal and external stakeholders to advance marketing initiatives
- Agility and intellect to adapt to new scenarios, absorb new technical concepts and keep up with Checkr’s rate of innovation
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).