Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has landed on Forbes' 'Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2016' List. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide second chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking for a highly collaborative Technical Writer to document our process and product. You should have a background in documenting complex workflows and enjoy teaching / training. This is the first technical writing position at Checkr, so you’ll be responsible for building out our documentation process and establish what technical writing means at Checkr. This role reports to the Director of Product.
What a typical week may look like at Checkr:
- Deep dive with product managers and engineering to understand intricate product flows.
- Build up a content library that documents our product line and features.
- Connect with Sales, Customer Success, Business Development, and Operations to understand gaps in our documentation.
- Train customer-facing new hires in Sales and Customer Success on how the product works.
- Keep up with product management on new releases and update accordingly.
What we value in a Technical Writer:
- 3+ years in a technical writing role encompassing an API-based B2B product.
- Excellent written, presentation, and oral communication skills.
- Is detail oriented with natural curiosity. You really care about how things work and why they matter.
- Can juggle multiple areas of focus. You thrive in an environment that moves quickly.
- Building out a curriculum.
- Experience in teaching or training.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in a related field.
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
** Please submit in 2 writing samples for us to consider your application **
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr:
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).