Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has landed on Forbes' 'Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2016' List. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide second chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
As our HR Business Partner, you will help ensure that our managers and individual contributors have the support they need to be as effective as possible in their roles. You will be instrumental in developing new programs and processes that make sure Checkr is an employer of choice in the competitive technology market. You will help our team’s manage through tough employee relations issues and be a champion for all forms of diversity at the company. You won’t be scared to get your hands dirty by jumping into cross-functional efforts on the People Operations team. Most importantly, you will love having the chance to help build an amazing company into its next phase of growth.
- Help our team’s meet key business objectives by working on people strategies
- Coach ICs and Managers with people issues big and small
- Handle employee relations issues and investigations
- Develop programs and processes that enhance the employee experience
- Be a champion of change by giving context and and guidance on new initiatives
- Thoughtfully maintain compliance and legal risk
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Use data to make key people decisions and recommendations
- Plan and facilitate meaningful offsites and other functions
- Jump into projects in other spheres of People Operations as needed
What you bring:
- 3-5+ years of experience in People Operations or Human Resources roles including experience as an HRBP or Generalist.
- Bachelor’s degree or equal relevant experience
- Understanding of employment law, organizational development, employee relations, coaching, and basic understanding of learning and development, compensation, and benefits.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to coach, influence and partner with various levels of employees
- Demonstrable experience with HR metrics
- Be a model of Checkr’s core values
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).