Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has landed on Forbes' 'Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2016' List. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide second chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
We’re looking for a Product Designer to build and evolve our platform. This person will be working with our Product Design Lead to revolutionize our product design language. This role will partner tightly with product and engineering to help improve our design process, drive vision and strategy, and most importantly, transform our user experience to set a tone in our industry. We appreciate designers who can work on features from conception to release while empathizing with the people who uses our product.
What a typical week may look like at Checkr:
- Work cross-functionally with design, product leadership and engineering to define user experience
- Translate product requirements into interaction flows and wireframes
- Present and defend your designs to stakeholders
- Design and prototype high fidelity mockups in Sketch
What we value in a Product Designer:
- 2+ years experience in product design
- An instinct for layout, navigation, typography, color, and iconography
- Online portfolio of your web and mobile app designs
- Strong attention to detail with excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Outside passion in illustration, branding, photography or motion design, etc
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).