Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has landed on Forbes' 'Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2016' List. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide second chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
As the Sr. Accountant, you will play a key role in the accounting team. This position will be part of a busy, fast-paced work environment and a successful, driven senior accountant will have the ability to multi-task, a willingness to learn and do whatever it takes to get the job done. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects including, but not limited to: accounting issues, preparation of financial statements & packets, and working with and presenting to Sr. Management.
- Assist in evaluating business transactions for proper U.S. GAAP accounting treatment, including accounting and documentation recommendations
- Prepare thoroughly researched technical memorandums for significant and/or non-routine transactions
- Ensure integrity of accounting records through well prepared journal entries with adequate documentation, thorough analysis and monthly reconciliations
- Verify the accuracy of financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and compliance to internal policies
- Analyze and prepare monthly financial packages for review, including detailed variance explanations against budget and forecast
- Prepare quarterly financial packets and assist with year-end audit
- Recommend practices to improve department efficiency and maximize use of available technology; assists in updating Company financial policies and procedures
- Other duties and projects as required
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field, CPA preferred
- 3+ years of business and/or public accounting experience a plus
- Ability to set and keep deadlines at a fast pace without losing accuracy
- Advanced skills in accounting software, Excel, Word; NetSuite preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).