Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Billing Team to help build, ship and integrate systems and features to help us scale with our growing demand. This person will be responsible for all of our billing tools and infrastructure that keeps the business going. We’re looking for a pioneer who is passionate about defining new methods and practices to set a tone for our industry by reshaping how revenue is recognized and billed. This role will work closely with sales, finance and CSM to ensure that our customers receive the best support possible.
From tracking AR to deploying newly automated features, this role requires creativity and passion in solving our complex billing issues. This position will include building / managing the billing team, price auditing and forecasting, analytics dashboarding and most importantly, scaling for future platform growth while keeping up with state and federal compliance.
What a typical week may look like at Checkr:
- Define, build, and implement systematic safeguards for billing
- Improve integration efficiency with third party vendors
- Automate billing for international accounts
- Create user-friendly dashboards/tools for internal and external users
What we value in a Software Engineer:
- “It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit” - H. Truman
- Experience with at least one scripting language (preferably Ruby or Python)
- Experience with an ERP software
- 4+ years of experience in billing or related field
- Experience with Salesforce integration
- Experience with NetSuite
- Lives, eats, and breathes billing
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).