Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has landed on Forbes' 'Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2016' List. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide second chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing our audit, adjudication, and special projects team and developing the systems and processes needed to scale these individual functions as the business grows. This person must be a stellar people manager, project-management oriented, and highly analytical.
- Provide day to day leadership and support for a team of 3 managing unique workflows across our audit and adjudication functions
- Drive strategic projects & analyses to develop insights on error rates, workflow trends, and other core operational issues
- Work cross-functionally with data operations, compliance, product, customer success and other teams to develop processes across audits & adjudication
- Take ownership of developing and scaling of Checkr’s in-house adjudication function
- Develop each team member to excel through performance feedback, 1:1s, and individual coaching
- Adapt and implement process change, policies and improvements in a fast-paced environment of expansion
What you bring:
- A college degree
- 5-7 years of business operations, corporate development/strategy, consulting, or similar experience. Experience at a growth phase tech company preferred
- 2+ years of direct management experience
- A curious and highly analytical mindset with an aptitude for data-driven decision making
- A self-starter attitude with a penchant for driving complex projects through completion
- A drive to lead by example and effectively manage multiple projects and initiatives
- Curiosity and a spirit of adventure - we’re building a team for long term success
- Zendesk experience a plus
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).