Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has landed on Forbes' 'Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2016' List. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide second chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
We’re looking for a Security Engineer to join our team to help us protect our infrastructure and applications. Engineers who can help us evolve our automation and monitoring systems that will allow us to respond to problems more efficiently.
What a typical week may look like at Checkr
- Perform vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments
- Implementing new application and network-level features focused on improving security
- Correctly balance security risk and product advancement
- Research, architect, and execute solutions that will advance internal security monitoring & controls
- Evaluate new technologies and processes that enhance security capabilities
- Create and execute training exercises to advance developers’ security knowledge
What we value in a Security Engineer
- Solid understanding of web application architecture (include micro services)
- Strong understanding of AWS services and architectures
- Knowledge of common compliance frameworks such as ISO/IEC 27001, SOC 2, and NIST
- Familiarity with intrusion detection, monitoring and logging best practices
- Experience in Ruby and Go
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).