Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has landed on Forbes' 'Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2016' List. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide second chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
What a typical week may look like at Checkr
- Working with engineering to define best practices and shared responsibilities for DevOps at Checkr
- Define and implement next generation deployment for Checkr’s systems
- Build out a systems dashboard to monitor key metrics
- Deliver and maintain systems documentation for operational and compliance purposes
What we value in a DevOps Engineer
- Experience with microservices
- Experience with production Docker deployments
- Strong experience in AWS
- An undying commitment to learning and finding ways to improve things
- Familiarity with security best practices
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Fluent in Go
- Experience with monitoring systems and dashboard tools
- Strong background in deployment automation / configuration management
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).