Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized as one of BuiltIn's 2023 Best Places to Work in the US and is a Y Combinator 2023 Breakthrough Company and Top Company by Valuation.
About the team/role
Our Director, Workplace, will be an important addition to the Finance team’s function and will have a huge impact on our company culture and workplace productivity. We are looking for someone with not only great technical & management expertise, but an upbeat and approachable attitude, impeccable customer service skills and a willingness to do whatever needs doing. As Checkr’s workplace strategy evolves to be a hybrid modality, we anticipate this leader being the driving agent of change to help guide and lead us through this transition.
What you’ll do
- Lead the design and implementation of Checkr’s hybrid work model, ensuring a balance between remote and office-based work settings.
- Drive productivity, engagement, connection, and innovation within our team, leveraging both physical and digital space.
- Manage and supervise internal Checkr events, acting as a link to external events when necessary.
- Deliver exceptional workplace services that reconcile cost, business needs, and employee expectations to build a dynamic and adaptable workplace.
- Utilize relevant metrics to measure the Workplace team's success, including financial analysis, business planning related to Checkr’s real estate portfolio, and key performance indicators.
- Take charge of Checkr’s real estate strategy, handling both the portfolio's expansion and its maintenance.
- Stay ahead of future work trends and adapt Checkr’s model based on expert insights and data, both internal and external.
- Oversee daily facilities operations, such as janitorial duties, HVAC maintenance, food service, and general maintenance across all Checkr locations.
- Administer a worldwide operational budget and execute Checkr’s long-term strategy and real estate plans.
- Nurture and grow the global workplace team, fostering the skills and behaviors necessary to achieve strategic goals.
- Supervise a team of office and event managers along with their respective property management teams, ensuring efficient operations across all sites.
- Handle special projects as needed, demonstrating capability in executing projects from initiation through to completion.
What you bring
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively on-site and willing to travel as required for events or handle workspace changes.
- Track record of working closely with senior executives, thriving in a rapid-paced and high-growth setting.
- Noteworthy efficiency, keen attention to detail, proficient in managing multiple tasks, time management, and comfortable in owning up to mistakes.
- Initiative in identifying improvement opportunities for processes and policies relating to the future of work.
- Demonstrated data-driven approach with an analytical mindset in problem-solving.
- Extensive experience in managing and strategizing for a sizable real estate portfolio.
- Strong expertise in fostering culture and understands the elements that boost engagement in a hybrid workplace.
- Minimum of 10 years in workplace operations, including 6 years in a direct people management role.
- Event management experience required.
- IFMA CFM credential preferred, but not required.
- Stellar verbal and written skills, with a demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate with both vendors and executives.
- Familiarity with Zoom, Verkada, Envoy, and GSuite is highly desirable
What you’ll get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to $25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. For more information on our compensation philosophy, see our website.
The salary range for this role is $203,915 to $275,885.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.