People Operations Lead
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has landed on Forbes' 'Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2016' List. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide second chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
The People Operations Lead helps makes Checkr a great place to work and grow. You’ll work with teams across the company to implement systems, processes, and programs to help people succeed. The ideal candidate will have strong emotional intelligence, sharp intellect, entrepreneurial spirit and a successful track record of understanding what motivates and keeps people engaged.
- Work with people, functioning as an advocate and resource for Checkr employees.
- Partner with and advise team leads and managers regarding performance evaluation, professional development, compensation, and promotion processes
- Identify and evaluate innovative HR technology to be used in Checkr performance evaluation, professional development, compensation, and promotion processes.
- Advise staff regarding employment basics and Checkr HR policies, conferring with in-house counsel as necessary.
- Participate and advise in core values interviews, advise and provide training and coaching to core values ambassadors.
- Understand and manage HR metrics and data to measure improvements
- Help identify opportunities to further develop the skillset of the People Operations team
- 7+ years experience as an HR business partner supporting a variety of functions
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Strong knowledge and track record of successfully implementing measurable HR processes, technologies, tools and programs
- Broad experience across various areas of HR including, but not limited to benefits, compensation, headcount planning, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high level of emotional intelligence
- Data driven and detail oriented
- Highly motivated and passionate about supporting Checkr’s growth
All Checkr employees enjoy the following:
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership and commuter benefits
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).