Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized as one of BuiltIn's 2023 Best Places to Work in the US and is a Y Combinator 2023 Breakthrough Company and Top Company by Valuation.
About the team/role
In this highly strategic role, you will partner with executives and senior leaders both across the business and within the Revenue & Operations org. As Chief of Staff reporting directly to the CRO, you will have from day one an immediate impact on our CRO’s productivity, streamlining strategic initiatives and aligning objectives between teams. You will act as our CRO’s right hand. If you have a deep understanding of Go-to-Market and Operations functions and are exceptionally strong in planning, program management, team alignment, and are an excellent communicator, please apply - we can’t wait to meet you.
What you’ll do
- Be a multiplier for the CRO in terms of driving organizational efficiency and productivity across each of the teams reporting into the CRO: Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Solutions, Partnerships, Operations, Revenue Operations.
- Serve as liaison, and improve communication and coordination, within the CRO org and with key external stakeholders within and outside the company.
- Assist in goal setting, aligning, executing, and reporting on expected outcomes within the CRO org.
- Summarize and present complex strategic priorities and issues via presentations and strategy documents.
- Oversee strategic business initiatives from development through successful execution.
- Manage preparation of CRO presentations, key messages and speaking notes.
- Help optimize and improve current processes and drive efficiency.
- Fill gaps on the executive team as needed.
- Understand the pulse and climate of the Revenue & Operations org and its employees and drive communication strategy and presentations.
What you bring
- 10+ years of relevant Go-To-Market experience in a fast-paced, high growth environment including strategic Revenue or Operations roles, Business Operations, Strategy, or Management Consulting.
- Phenomenal communication and relationship building skills - knowing how to quickly build high-trust relationships and influence others through a variety of approaches.
- A strong detail orientation and superior analytical and problem solving skills.
- A tenacity for getting things done with strong project management skills and the ability to set and keep deadlines at a fast pace without losing accuracy.
- Experience in planning and leading complex, strategic, cross-functional initiatives.
What you’ll get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to $25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. For more information on our compensation philosophy, see our website.
The salary range for this role is $147,904 to $307,855.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.