Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
We are looking for a leader to join our FP&S team as Director, GTM Financial Planning & Strategy. This individual will partner with the most senior executives across the GTM organization, including Sales, Marketing, Partnerships and Customer Success, and play a key role in planning, providing insight into business performance, supporting strategic decision-making and helping predict the future of the business. The ideal candidate has experienced success in a dynamic, high-growth, and fast-paced environment, brings a quantitative, data driven mindset, and should have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills across all levels of senior management (including VP, SVP and C-suite).
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with GTM leadership to deliver financial results, KPIs, and insights on trends and issues
- Conduct data-driven analyses to optimize business performance and address challenges
- Partner with GTM leaders to develop revenue and operating expense models, leveraging inputs from across the organization
- Lead the planning processes for the GTM organizations by implementing scalable and consistent processes to enable operational excellence in business planning, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting
- Provide quarterly analyses and reporting on financial results and KPIs to senior leadership
- Lead, nurture, and grow a high-performing GTM FP&S team
What you bring:
- 8+ years in finance, with 2+ years in sales or GTM finance
- Background in high-growth environments, preferably SaaS or transaction models
- Proven track record of developing people, leading and managing high-performing teams
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, comfortable working with diverse teams
- Proven ability to collaborate across functions and influence senior business partners
- Expertise in financial modeling, quantitative analysis, and inclusive problem-solving
- Alignment with Checkr core values: Grit, Humility, Transparency, Connection, and Ownership
- Prior experience in investment banking, management consulting, or private equity preferred
What you'll get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Up to $25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. The salary range for this role is $145,860 to $303,600.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.