Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Senior Solutions Engineer
Checkr’s Solutions Engineering Team are strategic partners to our Sales and Implementation Teams. They are responsible for working with our most complex prospects to design and develop unique solutions that enhance trust and safety in the hiring process. Solutions Engineers at Checkr are experienced problem solvers with a background in Solutions Engineering, Customer Success, Technical Account Management, Client Consulting, and understand how technology delivers business value. You will be responsible for providing pre-sales support for our most valuable prospects and partners.
As a Senior Solutions Engineer, you will strategically partner with the Sales Team to:
- Meet with business leaders at prospect companies to understand their business goals and articulate Checkr’s value proposition
- Meet with stakeholders across the organization, from C-Level executives to frontline employees and tailor your messaging to these audiences
- Shape value creation for our clients through presentations, case studies, product demonstrations, pilots, solution designs, and proposals
- Educate our prospective clients on safe hiring best practices, explaining how other Checkr customers have approached obstacles and challenges, and generally serving as the trust & safety experts during sales cycles
- Answer technical and compliance questions from our prospects and partners
- Distill and communicate customer needs to the Product team and help drive product roadmap
- Collaborate with Marketing on Case Studies, Use Cases and Marketing Events
What you bring:
- 2-5 years in related industry or SAAS
- Mastery of the technical sales process, solution design, and proof of value execution
- Expertise in discovery conversations, value-based selling, and world class demonstration and storytelling skills
- Technical curiosity and knowledge of RESTful APIs or willingness to learn
- Experience building rapport and working with cross functional teams spanning sales, product management, product marketing and business development
- Ability to juggle and complete multiple priorities and projects (both internal and external) in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Willingness and Ability to travel as needed (30% or higher)
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. The salary range for this role is $99,561 to $207,230 OTE.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.