Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
As the Revenue and Billing Operations Manager you will report to the Controller, Revenue Accounting and you will play a major role in Checkr’s Order to Cash process. You will ensure invoices are complete, accurate and are sent timely to Checkr’s customers each month. In addition, you will also help support the Customer Success team, assist in all billing related inquiries, and support month-end close operations. Lastly, you will lead ad-hoc projects and provide support during our annual financial statement audit. As a part of Checkr’s accounting team, you will help to ensure Checkr provides accurate and timely financial reporting and that all accounting records are booked in accordance with US GAAP.
- Manage a team of offshore Revenue Analysts to support revenue and billing operations
- Manage communication/collaboration with cross-functional teams including Engineering, Legal, and Customer Service
- Review invoices and pricing changes for errors, working with engineering and operational teams to address those issues
- Ensure all billing activities are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Manage day-to-day, monthly, and year-end operations of the revenue team
- Assist with continuous process improvement and development of automated systems including implementation and enhancements to Billing tools
- Continue to develop and implement policies and procedures to scale with the business
- Review financial reporting files including ad-hoc internal reports and financial analysis reports
- Assist with the management of annual financial audits and month / quarterly reporting for board meetings
- Lead ad hoc projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, CPA or CPA track is a plus
- Minimum of 5+ years of accounting-related work experience, 2+ years of management experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (preferably Oracle); Stripe, JIRA, and Salesforce experience a plus
- Excellent organizational abilities, attention to detail, strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to prioritize, problem solve, take initiative, and maintain confidentiality of sensitive personnel information
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel); familiarity with databases and SQL is an asset
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment and lead complex initiatives
- Responsible for taking ownership of the invoicing process
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. The salary range for this role is $88,400 to $184,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.