Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is looking to grow our IT Engineering team! We are looking for someone who is excited by the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced environment that pushes you to learn while doing. This role needs to be great with people and intensely focused on enabling employee productivity and automation. You will help ensure we provide the ability to measure and optimize the employee feedback loop using iteration to improve workflow efficiency for our employees and our spaces. You will be responsible for our Atlassian stack (specifically JIRA and Confluence) in this role. You should have a robust customer-first mindset. We are looking for a passionate engineer who focuses on enabling and unlocking productivity across the organization.
- Day-to-day administration of Atlassian services at Checkr.
- Build automated measurements and dashboards to gain insights into the productivity of the Checkr team to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Increase employee productivity by making measurement-driven improvements to the development tools/workflow/processes, then monitor the results and iterate.
- Enhance and add new features to the Checkr Atlassian stack to improve team productivity.
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing projects - aligning on schedule and resources and successfully delivering on the agreed scope.
- Build and maintain robust Jira automation rules using immutable API values.
- Create and update technical documentation for internal IT teams and Checkr employees.
- Own and manage the systems as part of our knowledge management strategy, including JIRA and Confluence.
- Support the long term knowledge management strategy through tooling improvements and system enhancements.
- Meet with cross-functional teams regularly to drive more utilization across the organization of our knowledge management system.
- Manage vendor relationships and ensure they provide the best service to our internal customers.
- Focus on monitoring and proactive alerting so that our support team finds and resolves issues before they impact our employees.
- A constant drive to improve the experience of our users and our internal processes: "How can I make things better?"
- Robust data-driven mindset and help drive the team forward with standardized SLAs and success metrics.
- Integration with APIs to enhance the functionality of our internal tooling
- Offer recommendations to various lines of business on best practices and standardization in implementing and leveraging processes within the Checkr IT Atlassian stack .
What you bring:
- Extensive knowledge of Atlassian architecture, focussing on JIRA, Jira Service Desk, and Confluence with a deep understanding of modularized workflows, permission schemes, notification schemes, screens schemes.
- Experience leading company-wide training and increasing engagement of internal tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- 4+ years of administering enterprise level Atlassian applications (Cloud)
- 5+ years of JIRA Cloud and Confluence Cloud front-end administration experience with a strong background in cross-functional workflow creation.
- 3+ years of experience in JQL .
- Knowledge of Jira REST API or other REST-based web services.
- Experience building and maintaining org-wide Jira Automation rules.
- Knowledge of third party customization add-ons (ScriptRunner, JMWE).
- Skills to develop solutions for integration with other tools, automate manual processes, data migration routines, and extract data for reporting and analytics purposes.
- 5+ years of experience in a system engineering role.
- A positive attitude and excitement for building new processes and policies for a rapidly growing organization.
- Experience working with remote teams and multiple offices.
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $91,758-$107,950.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.