Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
The Senior Manager, Fair Chance Development is a critical role within Checkr’s corporate social responsibility and impact initiative, Checkr.org. This role will require a dynamic leader prepared to become both an internal and external leader and expert in the field of all components related to Fair Chance employment. You will develop implementation and engagement models, establishing Checkr as the preeminent business leader in building the future of work through fair chance employment. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining cross functional relationships across Checkr business units and be a key source of expertise on information related to Fair Chance. This role will also oversee Checkr’s own internal fair chance policies and the Fair Chance Success Manager.
Responsibilities (What you’ll be doing):
- Developing best in class Fair Chance education and implementation curriculum to be deployed to Checkr customers and the businesses community at large
- Developing strategy and roadmap for customer engagement on FC hiring adoption
- Working with the Checkr.org team to develop strategies for customer engagement through Checkr’s existing background check products
- Public speaking as a FC thought leader at industry conferences and panel discussions
- Oversee Checkr’s internal FC strategy, programming, and Fair Chance Success Manager
- Track and capture Checkr data around FC employer hiring metrics
What you bring (experience and skills):
- Exceptional public speaking and presentation skills
- At least 5+ years of learning & development, workforce development or policy experience
- Management experience, talent recruitment experience
- Experience engaging employers about diverse and inclusive hiring practices, is a plus
- Detailed program creation for effective talent sourcing programs
- Workshop facilitation skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $155,338 $182,750
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.