Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
We are Checkr’s product experts. As Checkr’s Manager, Solutions Engineering, you will be responsible for building and leading a team of Solutions Engineers, scaling the company’s efforts providing solution development and guidance for our most valuable customers and partners along with scalable programs for high velocity segments. This is a hands-on role where you will lead your team from the front.
We are looking for someone who is ready to roll up their sleeve with projects and can drive new process development with cross functional teams. You will succeed through attention to detail, clear prioritization, collaboration, tenacity, and a drive for constant improvement. You will be a strategic leader who works closely with the team, other departments, and senior leadership to develop best-in-class processes to consistently delight our rapidly growing customer base, and assure successful onboarding and ramp to revenue. Also you will be expected to scale this team up as the business grows.
- Hire, coach, develop top talent, and provide leadership to a team of high-performing Solutions Engineers to support Checkr’s growth
- Deliver against sales goals and establish strong relationships with customers and partners, as well as with internal cross-functional stakeholders in Sales and Product
- Collaborate with Sales Management to identify areas of opportunity to speed up the sales cycle, increase conversion rates and increase average sales price
- Develop scalable processes and program to add capacity and bandwidth to the demo and trial process
- Ensure that all Solutions Engineers are certified to discover, demo and execute PoV’s
- Ensure that the Checkr’s values are demonstrated by the Solution Engineering team at all times
- Collaborate with internal product, customer success, and professional service teams to provide the best customer experience (development, purchase, delivery, and deployment)
- Provide a strong feedback loop from the field to our R&D (Product) organization
What you bring:
- 5+ years experience in pre- or post sales solution roles such as professional services, sales engineering or solution consulting
- 2+ years of leadership experience, building and leading successful teams that exceed goals
- You are an empathetic leader who earns the trust and respect of the team you will lead in the field
- You are an elite communicator who is capable of exercising influence within the organization
- Technology excites you as does the ability to provide input to influence the direction of the roadmap with our R&D organization
- Demonstrated sales leadership ability in motivating teams, overachieving targets, and successfully winning large-complex deals
- Ability to juggle and complete multiple priorities and projects (internally and externally) in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in working creatively with customers to understand their technical and business requirements and implement solutions, including change management and technical engagement delivery
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth start-up environment, requiring superior skills in critical thinking, influencing, and managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $137,564 - $161,840. This position is also eligible to participate in Checkr’s commission plan/bonus plan.
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with New York law, the base salary for this role if filled within New York is $161,840 - $190,400. This position is also eligible to participate in Checkr’s commission plan/bonus plan.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.