Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
The Director, Operations Systems (Customer Support and Candidate Experience) plays an integral role in establishing the systems, processes, and team that will help scale Checkr’s customer support and candidate experience operations. In this role you will be responsible for delivering the technology that enables Checkr to provide a world-class global, customer support experience to our rapidly expanding user-base, during a time of hyper company growth. This position requires a unique combination of customer support understanding within a SaaS environment and a proven track record in building out systems which provide a best in class customer experience.
This key leadership role is within our Corporate Engineering organization and will report to the Head of Business Applications. In addition, this role will partner very closely with Checkr’s Customer Support and Candidate Experience teams to enable their success through technology.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with Checkr’s Global Operations team to define capability and systems roadmap for a scalable customer support platform
- Scale a high-performing team of business system analysts and engineers, with exceptional communication and collaboration skills and deep experience in implementing customer support technologies.
- Lead the charter to evaluate and architect an Omni-channel customer support platform, including components such as ticketing systems, chat, contact center technology, knowledge management etc
- Lead integration of our customer support platform with other key business platforms
- Define and operationalize Customer Operations Systems portfolio governance process, including project roadmap, leadership reviews, project intake prioritization, project planning and delivery tracking.
- Establish communication channels and cadence for Customer operations systems
What you bring:
- Proven leadership experience in architecting and scaling systems that run contact center operations, customer service/technical support for customer facing digital services
- Proven leadership experience in establishing portfolio roadmap, project tracking, and portfolio governance
- Deep expertise in implementing customer support technologies, such as customer support CRM and case management applications (Zendesk, Salesforce Service Cloud, JIRA), contact center platforms (Talkdesk, Genesys), knowledge management platforms, etc.
- Preferred experience in broader CRM functions and technologies
- Proven experience with IT portfolio management processes and tools (JIRA, Confluence, GSuite, Smartsheets)
- Proven experience of leading in a high-paced, dynamic and high growth environment.
- Strong collaborative nature and experience working with cross-functional teams
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to translate technical topics to a non-technical audience, including at executive leadership level
- Experience identifying, baselining, and tracking KPIs
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or related studies
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $187,128 - $220,150.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.