Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
As a Manager, New Business Sales, East, you will be responsible for managing a team to drive new customer acquisition within our ideal customer profile (ICP). Our ICP includes technology and platforms that are disrupting all industries (spanning multiple vertical markets) and are deeply integrated either directly or through partners and/or high-velocity verticals like retail, technology, staffing, business services, manufacturing, hospitality, transportation. You will be part of an elite, professional, and rapidly growing team that succeeds through collaboration, tenacity, and constant improvement.
- As the leader of a Direct sales team, you will be responsible for building, hiring, and training a world class sales organization from the ground up
- Take a very hands on approach to management/deal flow, including shadowing/running sales calls at the senior executive level across a wide variety of vertical markets
- You will implement sales process, forecasting, etc in order to consistently exceed revenue targets by applying modern sales techniques and processes to efficiently manage sales opportunities through your team’s funnel to a successful close
- You will use your creativity and tenacity to develop and improve how we target and penetrate new vertical markets
- As a leader in the sales organization, you will contribute directly to the success and growth of the company
- Build a team of hunters
What you bring:
- Minimum of 3+ years of successful software sales management experience, or 12+ months of proven success as a Checkr Account Executive
- Experience selling to HRIS/Talent solutions a plus
- Demonstrable track record of above target performance for the team, especially in a startup environment
- Bring enablement/mentoring process
- Forecasting consistency
- Prefer experience selling applications as opposed to infrastructure
- Understand and use a specific sales methodology
- Deep prospecting experience and methodology
- Experience managing team through Salesforce
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.