Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Reporting to the Chief of Staff to the CEO, you will work directly with executive and functional leaders to design and build processes that meet our business needs and shepherd large cross functional projects to close. It will be your responsibility to identify operational gaps, learn from business analytics, and use this information to drive strategic decision making across all departments. This will include tracking business results, performing cost-benefit analyses, conducting market research, and monitoring/supporting company goals.
- Design, develop, and lead the company goals setting and inspection process, with goal owners, company executives and external stakeholders.
- Draft & iterate on larger company strategies, as developed through market research, on competitors, industry shifts, partners, and more.
- Serve as the owner of critical company goals, specifically those focused on knowledge management and increased product attach rates.
- Support the integration of acquired companies, including acting as a key project lead on all things product, people, and brand integration.
- Run internal operations, whether that means helping coordinating every detail of a team offsite or creating a plan to elevate the culture.
What you bring to the role:
You will need to demonstrate great leadership skills and be able to communicate the vision of the company across all levels both verbally and through the drafting of strategic written communication. This requires scrappy, curious leaders that love to learn and solve hard problems.
Here are the key attributes we value in team:
- Take ownership of your work & aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves. You take responsibility for the outcomes of your work. You’re a force of nature that gets the job done no matter what it takes.
- Make everyone else on the team better. Your presence, positivity, and drive inspires others to step up their game.
- Intellectually curious and humble. You’re not afraid to say, “I don’t know” - but you get excited by experimentation and learning.
- Organized; committed to excellence: you build systems to make sure nothing important ever slips. You love codifying and sharing your learnings.
- High velocity: you believe that 80% is good enough to start, move fast, and make time to iterate from your learnings.
- Executive presence and relationship-building: you can build meaningful thought partnerships with C-level executives & their leaders.
- Positive and connected. We pride ourselves on being optimistic and always finding a way through any challenge. We also enjoy connecting with our teams and building trusted relationships.
- Prioritize fairness & customer centricity: You’re honest, principled, smart, open to giving/receiving feedback, and focused on doing right for the company and doing right for the customer. We are building a fairer future and you believe that is possible.
- Experience in high growth, PLG startups, ideally in an operational role
- Experience in a management consulting role working with complex clients
- MBA or graduate degree
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $144,500 - 170,000
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.