Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation
Checkr is looking for an experienced Software Quality Engineer to join the Verifications Team. This team is responsible for connecting the Checkr trust platform to various furnishers whose data backs our Employment and Education Verifications, Drug and Occupational Health Checks, and Personal and Professional Reference checks to name several. Customers and candidates interact with our products through both APIs built out in Ruby on Rails and GUIs in React.
If you are passionate about crafting and executing large scale test strategies, automating and optimizing test suites, and partnering with Product and Engineering to ensure the highest quality products are offered to our customers, we’d love to have you on the team!
- Act as the Quality Subject Matter Expert for the Verifications Team, helping to foster a strong culture of automated testing and continuous improvement across a wide portfolio of products.
- Help define testing strategies and work with the team to implement a test suite that produces a measurable impact.
- Expand our existing automated test suites, executed as part of our continuous integration flow.
- Prioritize key tests and scenarios based on historic issues, in collaboration with Customer Success, product, and engineering.
- Work with engineers to investigate production issues, and perform root cause analysis.
- Define and implement metrics to communicate the quality of the products you are responsible for.
- Support other types of quality targets, such as performance, load, and stress testing.
- You have 3+ years of experience as a Software Quality Engineer or related role.
- You have previous test automation framework development experience.
- You can analyze the product and identify the best automation approach.
- You know how the web works, can dive into HTTP and API design, and have solid experience building and testing web applications.
- You have experience working with microservice architecture, and are familiar with using mocked responses
- You have a solid track record of defining and building automated test suites using a programming or scripting language. You know what a good test framework looks like, and are ready to improve our existing frameworks.
- You are self-motivated
- You are a team player who can work with product and engineering in developing detailed test plans and test cases.
- You like troubleshooting issues and enjoy finding the root cause of a problem.
- You are a strong communicator. Discussing complex technical concepts with designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- Worked at a startup
- Have Financial or accounting knowledge
- Knowledge of any of these, or similar, technologies: Selenium, Nightwatch.js, RSpec, Watir, Sahi, Cucumber, and Phantomjs
- Familiarity with Docker
- Experience with Gitlab CI
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.