Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation
We are looking for an International Senior Staff Product Manager to help define and develop a superior customer experience for background checks outside of the US. In this role, you will help define Checkr’s ambitious international growth strategy and product roadmap to include building local capabilities, enhancing automation in key geographies and building new screenings. You will align internal business partners and leadership around this plan, and partner with cross-functional teams to execute on this plan. You can make strategic decisions around building and partnering and evaluate the financial impact of those decisions. International is a key company priority and you will be responsible for helping us successfully provide a Fairer Future to the rest of the world.
Our ideal candidate has built international products at scale. They are a fast learner with an entrepreneurial mindset and understand the technical, legal and security requirements of building products in different markets.
What a typical week may look like at Checkr:
- Build a deep understanding and empathy for Checkr’s customers and prospects.
- Drive the product roadmap and measurable business outcomes for integrations with key strategic partners
- Collaborate with engineering and design teams to ship new, impactful products and features
- Drive cross-functional decisions and alignment with sales, product marketing, customer success, business development, customers, and technology partners
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data on product usage to uncover insights and inform future activities
What we value in a Product Manager, International:
- 7+ years experience as a PM at an Enterprise and/or SaaS company
- Build a vision and plan for a large product area and drive it end to end
- Understand customer rollout strategy and synthesize into wholistic product requirements
- Experience bringing new products to market from conception to launch. Experience building go to market strategy, with cross functional counterparts
- Experience working on products at a global scale, and understanding the data, legal, technical nuances of supporting complex products
- Strong technical background to enable you to contribute meaningful features and seamless integration
- Excellent user experience skills and attention to detail. You have an instinct for good product design and an understanding of usability best practices
- You exhibit passion that elevates and inspires when leading the team including hiring, managing performance and developing skill sets of direct reports
- Outstanding presentation, written, and oral communication skills
- BS or MS in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- Masters Degree preferred; MS or MBA
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $182,750-$215,000.
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.