Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation
We are looking for a leader to join our FP&S team as Director, Corporate Financial Planning & Strategy. In this role, you will be responsible for Checkr’s company-wide financial planning processes, key financial and KPI reporting, Board presentations, and other strategic corporate initiatives. The ideal candidate has experienced success in a dynamic, high-growth, and fast-paced environment, brings a quantitative, data driven mindset, and should have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Comfort interacting at all levels of senior management (including VP, SVP and C-suite) as well as Board members is a must.
- Collaborate with Checkr’s executive leaders (primarily our CFO and CEO) to provide analytical rigor and evaluate strategic initiatives
- Build and lead a high-performing Corporate FP&S team
- Prepare and analyze management presentations, including BOD decks, weekly and monthly business reviews, and annual and quarterly budgets
- Establish necessary reporting and financial controls, and strategic planning for key financial inflection points
- Enhance internal financial management, establishing and maintaining KPI tracking, and strengthening operational infrastructure across all departments
What you bring:
- Minimum of 8+ years in finance, with 2+ years experience leading and developing the Corporate FP&A function
- Proven track record in building and growing outstanding finance teams with best-practices in a fast-growing environment
- Quantitative & analytical mindset with strong attention to detail
- Deep experience working in high-growth environments with exposure to product profitability, pricing models, and forecasting
- Prior experience in a combination of investment banking, management consulting, and private equity strongly preferred
- Strong executive leadership skills with experience partnering at the Board, investor, and executive management levels
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with proven experience in cultivating collaborative working relationships with teams across an organization
- Demonstrates the Checkr core values of Grit, Humility, Transparency, Connection and Ownership
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.