Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation
The Checkr Business Intelligence team is the center of excellence for Business analytics across the company and is responsible for cultivating a data-driven culture by supporting internal teams and customers with high-quality data and insights. We are looking for someone to join our team to help us drive better business outcomes by providing actionable reporting & analytics products!
As a Senior BI Analyst - Finance Analytics, you are responsible for partnering with finance teams across the organization to understand their business processes, analytics needs, analyze data and assist with automated reports and dashboards on Checkr's business intelligence (BI) platform. Gather requirements, analyze data to answer key questions from stakeholders with an eye for what drives business performance. Develop data models from large data sets in Checkr’s data warehouse to help automate reporting and drive adoption and effective use of BI within every team.
- Understanding of finance/accounting processes and data with experience implementing finance-based BI dashboards and analytics tools
- Analyse data from multiple sources, identify gaps, reconcile conflicts, and process metrics and details to drive decision-making. Provide guidance to Finance business partners in constructing metrics and analysis.
- Collaborate with other analysts, and work cross-functionally with product, engineering, and finance teams to build a data-driven culture across the company
- Be proactive in identifying improvements to existing reporting and dashboarding infrastructure to accurately represent the current company goals
- Work cross-functionally to ensure data consistency across product, finance, and go-to-market teams to streamline workflows and deliver reliable reporting
- Work across teams and promote productive relationships (business, modeling, technology & governance) to improve clarity and ensure that processes are as streamlined as possible.
What you bring:
- 5+ years of experience working as a data professional
- Knowledge of Statistics, Finance FP&A and accounting processes (Budgeting, forecasting, LRP, etc.) and applications (Oracle, NetSuite, Salesforce, etc.)
- Advanced SQL skills for analysis, standardizing queries, and building data infrastructure involving large-scale relational datasets
- Strong experience developing, deploying, and maintaining of enterprise level reports using BI tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Looker, or other relevant technologies
- Experience with MPP databases such as Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery, or other relevant technologies
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across different functions and effectively influence senior business partners
- Knowledge of Data governance is a plus
- Familiar with PM methodologies (e.g., Agile, Kanban, etc.) and knowledge of when to apply methodologies.
- Ability to mentor lower level developers on definitive tasks.
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $126,650-$149,000.
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.